Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius/XM app comes and goes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2022.8.2 and ever since then, I’ve been getting the SiriusXM icon appearing and disappearing. Prior to this version, I never had this issue.

Sometimes I do the two button refresh and after a minute or two, it’s back. Sometimes driving for a while and it’ll show up.

Don’t think it’s an antenna issue, as often I’ll leave my car on Sirius, and the app disappears when I re-enter the car, and the station plays fine despite the car showing Sirius doesn’t exist. And yes I checked my audio sources to ensure it is turned on.

Tesla software is so glitchy for what’s supposed to be a progressive tech company…

Reactions: DerbyDave
Since my upgrade to 2022.8.2 and 2022.8.3 SiriusXM has disappeared from my sources. Previously, it would disappear intermittently, but now it's been missing for a few days. I did the two scroll wheel reboot this morning and that didn't help. I have faith it'll be back someday.

Same in my 2021 Plaid. Happened just yesterday. Came here to post and ask about it and saw your post.
Good news for SiriusXM on my model S. I did the latest software update:
v11.0 (2022.16.1.2 e55928ee677f)
And the SiriusXM is much more stable. I keep the SiriusXM icon on my dock and it no longer disappears. I have not had to reboot my monitor for over 2 days. (Used to be rebooted multiple times per day)

Most importantly you can now toggle up and down by station numbers. So if you are on 80s on 8 and you hit the left arrow it changes to 70s on 7; if you hit the right arrow it changes to 90s on 9
Unfortunately the recent buttons are lost each time you restart the car.

Tommorrow it will probably disappear for awhile. When it is lost, FM radio is the source it switches to on mine as well. Be patient, the updates take a day or two to work their magic. :)
I have a related problem. I just learned you could turn off some of the unused sources, and Sirius is turned off. Never the less, it doesn't stay off as a source. It comes back soon. No other deselected sources come back, only Sirius. I'm on 2022.16.1.2.

Sirius is the only source that disappears and reappears. When it reappears after disappearing, it likely is considered a newly added source that you must then manually deselect. If the source remains stable, you would likely not experience this issue.

Sirius is the only source that disappears and reappears. When it reappears after disappearing, it likely is considered a newly added source that you must then manually deselect. If the source remains stable, you would likely not experience this issue.
Thanks. I'll be in it again today and will try that. I have toggled it on and off twice before so I'm not thinking doing it again will fix it, but will try and post an update.

It actually disappears as a source so any choice to hide it is gone when it reappears. I am not sure toggling will fix your problem if it disappears as a source again When it eventually "reappears", it will be default "on" as a source again.

It actually disappears as a source so any choice to hide it is gone when it reappears. I am not sure toggling will fix your problem if it disappears as a source again When it eventually "reappears", it will be default "on" as a source again.

Confirmed. It showed back up as a source after toggling it back on and off again.

It's a little difficult to watch for it because the "up next" list comes on and replaces the "source" options in what appears to be a random amount of time or distance. It's so random I haven't been able to determine when it happens. At least now, the "up next" list does come back. I'd rather it never go away actually since for me, I never change the source. Every decimal software update seems to change how this function works.

Last edited:
Well something interesting to report with this problem. I received the 2022.16.2 update and now I have noticed that when SiruxXM icon has disappeared, the display unit goes black (sort of like a reboot, but the dash display doesn't restart), then comes back on and the icon is back!

So, it seems like they are making progress!

• Funny
my 2019 Raven did this same thing, many many times, and I reamed them out every time. Now I have XM, but the next/back buttons on the wheel don't change FAVORITES any more, they change 1,2,3,4 etc.

They can't get the RADIO to work, nor headlights on with wiper, and they expect me to trust this thing to drive?

lol.

Well something interesting to report with this problem. I received the 2022.16.2 update and now I have noticed that when SiruxXM icon has disappeared, the display unit goes black (sort of like a reboot, but the dash display doesn't restart), then comes back on and the icon is back!

So, it seems like they are making progress!
Well, on 16.2 I'm not having that problem, but the up next list is back. The icon is still stuck on still.

On my 2018 S, same problem. Some days, there's Sirius XM; other days - now show. Is there any sort of "mass" letter from owners to Tesla complaining about this; if not, I'd be happy to begin one if someone knows to whom it should be sent; perhaps, to Mr. Musk. Thoughts from anyone?

On my 2018 S, same problem. Some days, there's Sirius XM; other days - now show. Is there any sort of "mass" letter from owners to Tesla complaining about this; if not, I'd be happy to begin one if someone knows to whom it should be sent; perhaps, to Mr. Musk. Thoughts from anyone?
My last update will not now show favorites or recents without open the app. I don't know what good it will do. I really should open up a ticket, but I guess they have desensitized me into accepting this stuff. I can get it to work, but....