Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM app has disappeared after latest software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest software update last night 2019 MX and now the Sirius XM app has disappeared! My account with Sirius XM shows I have service- rebooting has not helped!
Same issue. I had to replace the windshield on my 2021 Model X due to a crack - Tesla Service Center did the work but when I got it back my Sirius XM Radio App was gonzo... tried to reboot and that didn't work. I really don't want to take the car back to the service center 80 miles away. Anyone have any luck or suggestions on how to get the app back ? Shouldn't be a software fix not a visit to the service center.

They re enabled the toggles to hide sources , check to see if it’s not turned on

Attachments

• EA9E588A-EDEA-46BD-B09F-AC4C707A3C55.png
    EA9E588A-EDEA-46BD-B09F-AC4C707A3C55.png
    336.4 KB · Views: 1,821
I took delivery of my 2022 MS about a week ago and my Sirius XM radio worked fine for several days after I subscribed. I took the car to the service center to have a few post-delivery items resolved; body panel alignment. The next day I noticed that some of the channels I selected played the wrong 'station'. For example, when I select the '60s on 6' channel (yes, I'm old), it would play "Coffee House". I called Sirius and they sent a refresh signal and said that would fix it; it didn't. I did a "refresh signal" from the subscriptions tab in the Sirius menu; still no joy. I chatted with Tesla support and they said the next update would fix it; it didn't.

I called Sirius back and they said just switch to the channel number associated with the desired channel. I explained that I don't have an option to select by channel number, only by channel 'Name'. They then decided they don't know the Tesla interface and I should ask Tesla to fix it.

Has anyone experienced the problem and found a resolution? Oddly, I found a 2021 Sirius article on the web that explains Sirius was changing their channel line up in August 2021 and it appears from that doc that my car is now using the OLD lineup. I'm wondering if this problem might have been caused if the service center disconnected the 12v battery when they were aligning the rear hatch or the doors.

Same problem on my end. I haven't tried to find a solution for it. When I got my car my trial wasn't activated either, I had to call Sirius xm to turn it in. Doesn't seem like tesla is focused much on the Sirius xm integration. I often get stuck on a loading screen as well when I click on Sirius xm as a source.

I called Tech Support at Sirius XM today (rather than the 'activation group') about the problems with the Tesla interface with their service. My specific complaint was that many of the 'icons' with channel names don't match up properly with the broadcast channels. On several previous calls, they told me that a radio 'refresh signal' would fix the problem, but it was clear that this is just a generic 'fix all' solution that does not impact any of the problems.

The tech support rep said that Sirus XM and Tesla are aware of the myriad problems with Tesla's interface and that reps from both companies have weekly meetings to discuss solutions. He said that he felt that there is a common understanding of the issues and that Tesla will likely have a fix in the next couple of weeks based on what he has heard about the progress. It wasn't clear if this was hearsay or if he was in the meetings. I guess it is somewhat good news that they are working toward a solution, but there is no indication about the level of priority that Tesla has assigned to this issue and no information about when the 'fix' will be included in a software distribution.

I called Tech Support at Sirius XM today (rather than the 'activation group') about the problems with the Tesla interface with their service. My specific complaint was that many of the 'icons' with channel names don't match up properly with the broadcast channels. On several previous calls, they told me that a radio 'refresh signal' would fix the problem, but it was clear that this is just a generic 'fix all' solution that does not impact any of the problems.

The tech support rep said that Sirus XM and Tesla are aware of the myriad problems with Tesla's interface and that reps from both companies have weekly meetings to discuss solutions. He said that he felt that there is a common understanding of the issues and that Tesla will likely have a fix in the next couple of weeks based on what he has heard about the progress. It wasn't clear if this was hearsay or if he was in the meetings. I guess it is somewhat good news that they are working toward a solution, but there is no indication about the level of priority that Tesla has assigned to this issue and no information about when the 'fix' will be included in a software distribution.
I've had this same issue since I added SiriusXM in November. I've been waiting for an update that fixes it as well. I'm also crossing my fingers that there will be an easier way to scroll through my favorites while driving. The auto jump to "similar genre suggestions" every time is really limiting...and somewhat dangerous. I don't believe there's a way to bypass that currently?

I've had this same issue since I added SiriusXM in November. I've been waiting for an update that fixes it as well. I'm also crossing my fingers that there will be an easier way to scroll through my favorites while driving. The auto jump to "similar genre suggestions" every time is really limiting...and somewhat dangerous. I don't believe there's a way to bypass that currently?

Very simply, it appears to me that the XM channel map doesn’t get updates from the satellite signal like it does on all other platforms.

It seems that it’s a “static” file that’s only changed during a Tesla firmware update. And even then, only very occasionally.

With the rumors of an upcoming “App Store” for Tesla, I wonder if that’s the long term solution? A SiriusXM app developed by them, rather than Tesla’s half baked client?

Reactions: Josephlw