Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM app has disappeared after latest software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if you can add the app to a 2016 model x without premium audio? Last time I checked you could not.

No. The "app" (as it sits today) is only a frontend for the satellite receiver + antenna. Doesn't stream via the network connection.

Without Premium Audio, you don't have that antenna or receiver, so the app wouldn't do you any good.

Now, once Tesla's rumored "app store" goes live? Who knows what comes next. But for now, today, sorry, your best bet is to install the XM app on your phone and stream it via Bluetooth to the car.

No. The "app" (as it sits today) is only a frontend for the satellite receiver + antenna. Doesn't stream via the network connection.

Without Premium Audio, you don't have that antenna or receiver, so the app wouldn't do you any good.

Now, once Tesla's rumored "app store" goes live? Who knows what comes next. But for now, today, sorry, your best bet is to install the XM app on your phone and stream it via Bluetooth to the car.
Thanks for taking time to post that @dmurphy. Appreciate the information. Fingers crossed for an app store with Sirius. So strange Elon launches satellites but does not support (fully) satellite radio. As I live in a place that frequently had no cellular connection, "downloading" seems a step back in time, when you want to listen to things. I prefered cd's to usb.

I’m a new 2022 Model S owner and I’ve been frustrated with the appearing and disappearing SiriusXM icon.

I found a work around.

While in park if the icon is missing, shut off and restart the display.

Go to Main control screen - then press Safety . Scroll to bottom and press Power off. Count to 10 and press the brake to restart. 99% of the time the icon reappears. (I’ve only had to repeat the process a second time once.)

This is annoying and I would hope the fine people at Tesla monitoring these forums will try and fix this obvious software glitch.

I’m a new 2022 Model S owner and I’ve been frustrated with the appearing and disappearing SiriusXM icon.

I found a work around.

While in park if the icon is missing, shut off and restart the display.

Go to Main control screen - then press Safety . Scroll to bottom and press Power off. Count to 10 and press the brake to restart. 99% of the time the icon reappears. (I’ve only had to repeat the process a second time once.)

This is annoying and I would hope the fine people at Tesla monitoring these forums will try and fix this obvious software glitch.
What software are you on? The latest 2022.8.3 doesn't fix this problem?

This is my first post. Came here looking for answers as I'm experiencing the same disappearing icon problem. Have a '22 Model X on software version 2022.12.1. I've received two software updates so far, and the problem has been present on all three versions.

This is my first post. Came here looking for answers as I'm experiencing the same disappearing icon problem. Have a '22 Model X on software version 2022.12.1. I've received two software updates so far, and the problem has been present on all three versions.
I have tried every conceivable change in entertainment settings and despite 2 updates the SiriusXM app just disappears at startup about half the time. I even tried making the SiriusXM app a “favorite”. Still no success.

The ONLY way to get the app back is to shut off the display while in park.

I live in the sticks in Virginia. There is no FM worth a damn within 60 miles of my home. SiriusXM has been my lifeline.

So every time I get in my 2022 Model S I go through this procedure:

1. See if SiriusXM app is in with my favorites.

If it is not

2. Go to Main control screen - then press Safety . Scroll to bottom and press Power off. Count to 10 and press the brake to restart the display.

This is a nuisance but the workaround hasn’t failed me yet.

Until Tesla gets serious about SiriusXM (sorry couldn’t resist) this is the only way to get it done.

So every time I get in my 2022 Model S I go through this procedure:

1. See if SiriusXM app is in with my favorites.

If it is not

2. Go to Main control screen - then press Safety . Scroll to bottom and press Power off. Count to 10 and press the brake to restart the display.

This is a nuisance but the workaround hasn’t failed me yet.

This is helpful and good to know. Thanks!

It's really disappointing to spend over 100k on a car and it cannot get the basics right. The Sirius app keeps disappearing, the Favorites for Sirius are unusable. If u select a favorite it takes u to other screens and you have to LOOK at the screen to hit the back button to get back to where you were, and it only scrolls to the next station in the Sirius main order.. ie 1,2,3 etc. So it can't even scroll your favorites. It's horrible. My old Model S was better than this. But it farts. This is my 3rd Tesla and very disappointed with the audio interface... if u can call it that.