Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM app has disappeared after latest software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this exact same issue on my Model X Refresh. SXM is there sometimes and not others. Rebooting doesn’t help, and when it’s not there it is also missing from the source listing. I am guessing they will fix it in the next software release or so. For laughs I will tell you that the service center’s response was it was “working as designed.” When I asked the natural follow up question “but it isn’t even there, it is in fact not working” the answer was, ”well all the equipment is there for it to work. It must be a software bug.” I love my Tesla, but the first year is going to be rough. It was about the same when I got my first X in early 2017. But when I traded it in 5 years later it had been improved numerous times with all sorts of features.

This is beyond frustrating. This HAS to be an easy software fix if someone at Tesla would just take the time to track it down. We’ve all talked about it, so it’s not just me. I’ve tried many of the “tricks” to get the app back - including hitting “stop” and “play” again (which sometimes brings the app back), but nothing seems to consistently work short of a reboot / power off.

So glad I found this thread.. Bought a new to me 2021 Model S LR Refresh and have been having this exact problem with SiriusXM disappearing. Even with the 2022.16.3 update.

Someone mentioned earlier that Tesla monitors these forums? How does one go about submitting a bug report? This is just absurd that this problem happens on such an expensive car..

Reactions: maxibenson
i upgraded to MCU2 and Radio and couldn't see my icon either. Turned out Fuse 256 was blown and that powers the Radio module on MCU2. It also controls power to TPMS and interior accessory lighting. Check Fuse 256 in the std block, and replace if needed. Simple cheap fix if it's it, but I agree, SW is lacking on audio integration.

Good news for SiriusXM on my model S. I did the latest software update:
v11.0 (2022.16.1.2 e55928ee677f)
And the SiriusXM is much more stable. I keep the SiriusXM icon on my dock and it no longer disappears. I have not had to reboot my monitor for over 2 days. (Used to be rebooted multiple times per day)

Most importantly you can now toggle up and down by station numbers. So if you are on 80s on 8 and you hit the left arrow it changes to 70s on 7; if you hit the right arrow it changes to 90s on 9
Unfortunately the recent buttons are lost each time you restart the car.

And the SiriusXM is much more stable. I keep the SiriusXM icon on my dock and it no longer disappears. I have not had to reboot my monitor for over 2 days. (Used to be rebooted multiple times per day)

Most importantly you can now toggle up and down by station numbers. So if you are on 80s on 8 and you hit the left arrow it changes to 70s on 7; if you hit the right arrow it changes to 90s on 9
I wish I could say the same.. mine still comes and goes for no reason, even with the update you mention.

I think I might try a factory reset as I have been having some other weird problems.

Still can't quite understand how having favorites toggle is SOOO difficult. The recents....you need a fortune teller to see what's next.. it's so random. Because the focus seems to be on the self driving and the games and the boom box and if Disney Plus is accessible.. etc etc, the simple stuff that makes actual driving easier and fun... they just can't get that stuff straight. My Sirius also is sketchy still. No dashboard info... no music info that you are listening to, no energy info, no way to easily turn up or down the fan.. IDK.. listening to music should be easy and not a chore. But the lastest update.. now self driving goes to 85 mph. Wow.. needed that. Navigation energy prediction.... needed that. All this stuff is so geeky. Just make the audio system and dashboard and yoke easier to use

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I wish I could say the same.. mine still comes and goes for no reason, even with the update you mention.

I think I might try a factory reset as I have been having some other weird problems.
Factory reset, SiriusXM icon still randomly disappears..

The really interesting thing is that if I am listening to a station on SiriusXM, exit the car and go back in to the car and the SirusXM icon is gone, the station I was listening to is still playing..

I work at Apple. Dear Tesla Give me a toggle for XM, scroll channels on or scroll favorites. I mean you made Joe Mode for christ's sake.