Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM Disconnect Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else have issues with SiriusXM cutting out and not coming back, even with no obstructions? It sometimes take 24 hours to get the signal back. I went to service center and they said it’s because of my ceramic tint on the back window because the antenna is there. But that didn’t sit right with me. Anybody else with similar issues or solutions?

Anybody else have issues with SiriusXM cutting out and not coming back, even with no obstructions? It sometimes take 24 hours to get the signal back. I went to service center and they said it’s because of my ceramic tint on the back window because the antenna is there. But that didn’t sit right with me. Anybody else with similar issues or solutions?
I've had a similar issue now with two different Xs. Usually occurs after a brief stop somewhere. When restarting the car, XM won't play and the radio controls frequently go dead. FM stations will occasionally still function, but usually not. Sometimes it resumes playing in 30-60 seconds. Sometimes it won't work again until the car is left off for some length of time. I was hoping V10 (or a new X) would address this, but neither did. Given all the other tremendous advances Tesla makes, playing a radio consistently seems an odd place for long-standing problems. And also... why no AM radio any more? Don't tell me its because of electric motor interference because it worked just fine in my first Tesla S.

Same problem on my new 100D. It may be my imagination, but the problem seems to present itself when the car has been parked in the sun for a few hours. Rebooting does not solve the problem and the entire “radio” menu is generally locked-up. The phone/bluetooth interface still works but the radio will not. This was not an issue with my 2005 P85D which also had AM radio. The service center suggested rebooting the console which did not work. If anyone has suggestions for fixing the issue, I would also be appreciative.

I honestly feels/sounds to me like it’s a loose plug or something. Sometimes there are slight audio popping/cracking in the actual audio before it stops. Then once it stops, sometimes it shows the Sirius radio id on the display with no sound. Re-selecting the station or a new station usually starts it back up. And then sometimes there is nothing on display, and the SXM tab next to the radio tab disappears all together like it’s disconnected.

I have had the same difficulties with the radio on my Raven. My 2016 radio (with AM) did not have this problem. During the Ravens first month (July) occasionally the whole radio would lock up. Fortunately, the full radio lockup is no longer a problem.

Unfortunately, for the last several months, typically after parking for a short period, the Sirius channels become unavailable. I am able to select FM or streaming without issue, but for some reason Sirius is inaccessible.

Has anyone found a workaround until hopefully an update takes care of the issue?

Gentleman/gentlewoman,

My problem with SiriusXM and LTE connectivity has been resolved. I believe these problems are related. Previously, Tesla had different modules that could be replaced independently. My primary problem was poor LTE connectivity. I also had intermittent issues with the satellite radio signal. The satellite issues were temporarily resolved with resetting the radio. Initially, Tesla fed me all the excuses that many of you have heard. This is my second Tesla and I had no such issues with the first. Finally, a technician replaced the entire computer. Keep in mind that the computer controls both of these features and more. Since my computer was replaced, I have had no such issues. The LTE problem went away and surprisingly, my SiriusXM problems did too. I am fairly certain, these are hardware related issues. Now, could it be a software problem? Maybe.
Replacing the computer is expensive, but so is a $100,000 car! Bottom line is it’s Tesla’s job to figure out what it is. I personally think it’s a hardware issue. If it were a software problem, you would think the updates would correct it. Be persistent. This is fixable, but they can be reluctant to do it.

I have a Raven Mfd in 11/2019
Same issues
Screen reboot does not help
I’ve heard minor crackling in a speaker but can’t tell if it’s related
XM goes out randomly, UI buttons work but no XM signals
Very frustrating for a $100k new vehicle. I’m assuming going to the service center when it’s working will waste my time.

I believe this is a hardware issue. (see my previous post) I have not had the problem since my computer was switched out. Occasionally, XM will go out, but I believe this is a sirius update. It always comes back on. The XM update on my Tesla is much slower than my BMW.

I am still experiencing intermittent XM radio signal loss. First drive of the day is always fine, and then 25% of the time on the second drive the XM signal is lost. This last time I tried to use the built-in browser to refresh the radio from the XM website but noticed that the browser was unable to load any websites as well. Perhaps these problems are interconnected?