Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM - Favourites bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found what must be a bug in the Favourites screen on Sirius XM today. Adding a new favourite by tapping on the star icon while listening to a Sirius XM channel overwrote the name of the previously saved favourite channel. It wasn't every time and I couldn't figure out the pattern. Screenshot attached for the result though.

In the screenshot, channels 2, 8, and 158 are all misnamed on the Favourites screen despite being properly named on the main Sirius XM screen / channel line-up.

A67D925A-3EE6-4C30-99F0-3741A6D7B140.jpeg

I reported the bug to Tesla using the bug report by voice feature but I'm not sure how much information that sends to Tesla (despite reading these forums for that). If anyone knows I would be interested in hearing, or if there is another way to report this sort of bug please let me know.

Found what must be a bug in the Favourites screen on Sirius XM today. Adding a new favourite by tapping on the star icon while listening to a Sirius XM channel overwrote the name of the previously saved favourite channel. It wasn't every time and I couldn't figure out the pattern. Screenshot attached for the result though.

In the screenshot, channels 2, 8, and 158 are all misnamed on the Favourites screen despite being properly named on the main Sirius XM screen / channel line-up.

View attachment 384989

I reported the bug to Tesla using the bug report by voice feature but I'm not sure how much information that sends to Tesla (despite reading these forums for that). If anyone knows I would be interested in hearing, or if there is another way to report this sort of bug please let me know.

The “Loosing favorites” bug affects any/all media choices. Not just Sirius. Email to your service address is the best method I’ve found to report bugs

Sirius XM in Tesla now? Can anyone confirm if this is available in Canada too? Was this on a new update or something. Also do you have to pay for the service?

It has been available on all Tesla's for years. It is an optional subscription though, not included or paid by Tesla. Given the low resolution (poor quality) of SiriusXM audio it does not hold a candle to the other streaming options available, mostly free (included). But it depends on what you want to listen to. I cannot speak to its availability in Canada, but since hardly anyone ever asks about it here, I have to believe it is.

The only thing that catches folks off guard, is there no longer is any AM radio in new Teslas