Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use the SXM app on your mobile device that is connected via BT and enjoy !
That’s an option, and probably the best option for many people at this time (including me)…but it’s much inferior to a well-designed, well-implemented native SXM app on the Tesla infotainment system. The ability to set favorites, change channels, etc., using steering wheel controls, and use the car’s premium data connection instead of the phone’s data, would be much welcomed.

Of course, the kicker is “well-designed, well-implemented”; with all of the buffering issues on Tesla’s default streaming music service, I have little confidence Tesla is willing to spend the resources to create a well-designed, well-implemented SXM app. Not when there are more fart noises left to do :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
In my model 3 I hardwired a XM receiver and mounted it next to the screen (played around with different positions and settled on this) Audio is through BT just like the phone but I dont have to worry about data cutting out etc. Not perfect but better than routing it through phone.

The model S has the hardware (atleast my '15 85D does)

Upvote 0
That’s an option, and probably the best option for many people at this time (including me)…but it’s much inferior to a well-designed, well-implemented native SXM app on the Tesla infotainment system. The ability to set favorites, change channels, etc., using steering wheel controls, and use the car’s premium data connection instead of the phone’s data, would be much welcomed.

Of course, the kicker is “well-designed, well-implemented”; with all of the buffering issues on Tesla’s default streaming music service, I have little confidence Tesla is willing to spend the resources to create a well-designed, well-implemented SXM app. Not when there are more fart noises left to do :rolleyes:

Yeah it does seem to me like the focus on cost cutting has become a little extreme on these vehicles. An automaker should strive to make their vehicles continuously better and that requires adding creature comfort features when possible. Adding convenience apps to an operating system in this day and age should be expected considering the lack of industry standard CarPlay and Android Auto. We always hear how Tesla is focussed on developing their in house technology but it seems like the user interface has become an afterthought. Bluetooth streaming and USB drive audio in this day and age is kind of archaic. I have been using wifi connectivity in my BMW's for over 5 years now. If you aren't continuously improving, you are falling behind as what was acceptable in 2017 is not acceptable in 2022.

Upvote 0