Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM icons didn't update with Sirius channel changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sirius updated their channels on November 3, 2021, but the icons in my 2020 Model S didn't update to reflect the new channels. Worked with Sirius for 2 hours today, no solution. Even cancelled my subscription and reactivated. Can't get some of my favorite channels because they changed. Others having this problem?

• Informative
Reactions: Almost
Sirius is having an issue with a recent update. Mine disappeared completely for being able to be selected, even though the last channel selected was still playing. Other times the channel goes to FM with no Sirius anywhere in site. I fixed mine after several reboots, and giving the last update time to gel, which can take days on a Tesla for some reason. I got an update today, and all is well so far with Sirius. My recommendation: reboot, fool with it, and then wait for your next update if it is still messed up. If it isn't working after the next update, open up a ticket with Tesla. They are definitely working on Sirius, and haven't gotten it correct yet. BTW, I assume Sirius sent an update to refresh your radio when you talked with them. If not, also do that.

Curious if all the Holiday Channels show up on Sirius on the new Model S? On my BMW, it has Sirius360L, which pulls in some Sirius channels from the Sirius streaming app, which is really nice.

Also, this is will be my first Tesla. Can you scroll through your SiriusXM favorites through the Yoke or do you have touch to get through them?

Sorry - did not mean to hijack thread, but know Holiday Channels and other new stations started on Nov 3rd. :)

Holiday channels didn't show up last year, and last fall they took away the ability to directly enter a channel. Workaround is to select a nearby channel, and the use the forward or reverse arrows on the current channel display to scroll to the channel you want. I think you can then select the *star* to make it a favorite.

Sirius is having an issue with a recent update. Mine disappeared completely for being able to be selected, even though the last channel selected was still playing. Other times the channel goes to FM with no Sirius anywhere in site. I fixed mine after several reboots, and giving the last update time to gel, which can take days on a Tesla for some reason. I got an update today, and all is well so far with Sirius. My recommendation: reboot, fool with it, and then wait for your next update if it is still messed up. If it isn't working after the next update, open up a ticket with Tesla. They are definitely working on Sirius, and haven't gotten it correct yet. BTW, I assume Sirius sent an update to refresh your radio when you talked with them. If not, also do that.
Thanks, yes, Sirius sent an update to refresh, have tried multiple times with no luck. Installed latest Tesla update today, still no luck. Guess next stop is opening a ticket with Tesla. Can't believe I am only Model S to have this issue.

I have a different issue with my audio that just arose. Some of my Sirius (and other radio) channels are scrambled-- for instance, if I push the icon for the ABC channel, I might get the DEF channel. One of the Sirius icons will even get me an FM station. But some of the icon buttons seem to work just fine. Any one else have this issue?

Your radio might have a corruption. Refresh its code:
More, besides Refreshing your radio, SiriusXM Tesla Software is really screwy right now. I have lost all, or partial SiriusXM service, I have FM channels only when I selected SiriusXM. I have had a SiriusXM channel playing when it said FM and no SiriusXM was show as even being a source. All I can say is rebooting once, twice, multiple times sometimes helps, or at least changes your experience. Since upgrading to 2021.36.8.5, things seem to be better. Don't know if this is because they fixed something, or I am just lucky. Be patient, as it is not well implemented now. I am also getting "static" when the source is playing, but if I scroll the volume on the steering wheel, it seems corrosion on the volume control is causing the static.

Reactions: Pdubs
Holiday channels didn't show up last year, and last fall they took away the ability to directly enter a channel. Workaround is to select a nearby channel, and the use the forward or reverse arrows on the current channel display to scroll to the channel you want. I think you can then select the *star* to make it a favorite.
More, besides Refreshing your radio, SiriusXM Tesla Software is really screwy right now. I have lost all, or partial SiriusXM service, I have FM channels only when I selected SiriusXM. I have had a SiriusXM channel playing when it said FM and no SiriusXM was show as even being a source. All I can say is rebooting once, twice, multiple times sometimes helps, or at least changes your experience. Since upgrading to 2021.36.8.5, things seem to be better. Don't know if this is because they fixed something, or I am just lucky. Be patient, as it is not well implemented now. I am also getting "static" when the source is playing, but if I scroll the volume on the steering wheel, it seems corrosion on the volume control is causing the static.
Thank you Dave. Was finally able to find the holiday channels thanks to workaround. The SXM radio in my '18 MX has not seemingly not updated the channel lineup in at least 18 months. I appreciate the iconography but it seems the overall usability of SXM has taken a step or two backward IMHO. Rather not have the icons if I cannot take full advantage of my subscription. I really with Tesla would fix this.

I just had the Tesla Mobile tech come out, and he had no idea what to do other than do more resets, which are not accomplishing anything. His guess was that I need to wait for the software to be fixed, and had no earthly idea when that will happen. He says there is a lack of communication between the engineering people who will hopefully do a software fix, and the actual service techs, who never are informed of what is in the works. Very frustrating.

Thanks, DerbyDave, I will try the refresh and the reboot (again). The good news is that I am not alone- I guess misery loves company. Hopefully, Tesla and/or Sirius will get their acts together and fix the problems everyone is having.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Thanks, DerbyDave, I will try the refresh and the reboot (again). The good news is that I am not alone- I guess misery loves company. Hopefully, Tesla and/or Sirius will get their acts together and fix the problems everyone is having.
Same issue here. The frustrating thing is there is no way to direct tune to a station, which would be a workaround for the bad GUI icon to channel mapping

In fall of 2020, you could enter a channel number and directly go to a channel. That feature was removed, likely by mistake, when someone was "improving" the interface. Since there is no way to provide feedback on issues, it may stay this way or worse unless one of the "higher ups" that can provide feedback mention it. The whole SiriusXM interface has been in flux for over a year now.

Not only did the channels not refresh the names and icons on my 2017 Model S 90D, the ability to "Direct Tune" was removed. XM support has tried everything they can remotely - they recommend we contact Tesla and encourage them to return the "Direct Tune" option (formerly available) that they have for AM/FM to the radio interface. XM claims the icon issue is a Tesla Software issue and removing and reinitializing the radio and resetting the touch screen and power cycling the car and howling at the moon - all did nothing to solve the problem. Local Tesla center told me to contact XM radio. Kind of like when Microsoft tells you call Dell and Dell tells you to call Microsoft.

The direct tune was removed, probably by mistake, last fall by Tesla in an update to improve the interface. Hopefully it will be put back, but it is likely no people with imput have SuriusXM, so they probably either think the direct tune never existed, or no one wants it. If you know Elon's number, ring him up! :)

Sirius updated their channels on November 3, 2021, but the icons in my 2020 Model S didn't update to reflect the new channels. Worked with Sirius for 2 hours today, no solution. Even cancelled my subscription and reactivated. Can't get some of my favorite channels because they changed. Others having this problem?
Same issue here. Icons are not updating. In addition, I'm noticing a wide swath of SiriusXM channels not displayed in the Tesla UI. Unclear how to reach these "missing channels" because you can't navigate to them in the UI native to the Model S.

They scroll right and left, and up and down in my car. There used to be a bug where Recents were displayed across the bottom, and you could not change this to Favorites, even by scrolling. That solution was to minimize the current view, and then select it to be in focus once again. This issue was solved for me with an update early last month, after I got SiriusXM to work at all after the update. Took a couple of days of reboots, power off, SiriusXM refresh, and settling in for it to all start working. The icons work for me now. Obviously this is still work in progress.