Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM icons didn't update with Sirius channel changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you mean it doesn't work? You can't navigate to the channel manually by pressing the forward and back buttons? You can't save it as a favorite? The channel is not where it is supposed to be?
That all works, it just that the Channel Icon isn't right for many channels after the XM channel changes. For example, 60''s Gold, is now channel 73. That used to be 40's channel and that's still the icon that Tesla software displays. If you manually dial-in/select channel 6, you see the Sixties icon, but the channel is actually The Coffee House. So once you get your favorites all setup, some icons don't accurate represent the station.

This seems to be a Tesla software issue where the canned icons (station thumbnails) just need to be updated ....

That all works, it just that the Channel Icon isn't right for many channels after the XM channel changes. For example, 60''s Gold, is now channel 73. That used to be 40's channel and that's still the icon that Tesla software displays. If you manually dial-in/select channel 6, you see the Sixties icon, but the channel is actually The Coffee House. So once you get your favorites all setup, some icons don't accurate represent the station.

This seems to be a Tesla software issue where the canned icons (station thumbnails) just need to be updated ....
Correct. You must look at SiriusXM Channel Lineup Sheet and find the correct channel number. Then select a channel near that or manually increment the channels to the correct channel number that you are search for, not the correct Icon Label. When you are at the correct channel number, select that as a Favorite, and remember the incorrect Icon for your Favorite you want to recall. Until Tesla gets their channels straightened out, this is a workaround to make it easy for you to select the channels you want, even if the icon is incorrect. This was what I was recommending. I can't fix Tesla.

Reactions: Almost
What do you mean it doesn't work? You can't navigate to the channel manually by pressing the forward and back buttons? You can't save it as a favorite? The channel is not where it is supposed to be?
I can navigate to the channel but it doesn’t save as a favorite. Actually, I can save it, but it doesn’t save as 311. It saves as whatever the last channel is. It like Tesla doesn’t know the channel even exists. It’s 311 yacht rock, if you want to check me. maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Dave, the icons go from rock hall radio on 310 to Rockbar on 313.
54DC10FC-B7BD-4534-A16F-91F10BDFC0B9.jpeg

Dave, the icons go from rock hall radio on 310 to Rockbar on 313.View attachment 809880
Yep, It saves 302 on mine when I save 311 as a Favorite, but I can get to and listen to 311, which is mislabeled. I don't know anything else to try. If you are under warranty, report this as a problem. Maybe someone will ask the programmers to fix it someday. It has been over a year now of SiriusXM barely working. At one point in 2020, you could enter a channel number directly. That was a nice feature that has been lost through the series of non-functional updates....

I posted in another thread about this the other day- But I'll add it here- The Sirius XM free preview that is going on right now isn't working on my 2021 LongRange Refresh- I've done a couple of resets. and it still just plays the preview channel only- And says the free trial expired some time ago.

Anyone with a new Model S have any luck getting the current Sirius XM free preview working?

I finally after several reboots, disconnecting my phone from bluetooth, and ultimately calling SiriusXM and actually subscribing to their service got my radio to work. It took one more reboot after the subscription was activated to get it to work. I opted for the lowest cost subscription which was around $36 for 6 months all in. We'll see what it jumps to after 6 months, but now it's working. Still unsure why the free preview that is going on until June 6 wouldn't work on this radio. but it didn't.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I finally after several reboots, disconnecting my phone from bluetooth, and ultimately calling SiriusXM and actually subscribing to their service got my radio to work. It took one more reboot after the subscription was activated to get it to work. I opted for the lowest cost subscription which was around $36 for 6 months all in. We'll see what it jumps to after 6 months, but now it's working. Still unsure why the free preview that is going on until June 6 wouldn't work on this radio. but it didn't.
Select channel 6 and see that it says "60's on 6", but that's not what's playing. This is what this thread is about .... channel icons/thumbnails aren't correct after the latest Sirius/XM channel realignments (quite a while ago)....

I noticed different icons on my SiriusXM favorite channels today. It seems as though each channel was updated to its correct icon and channel number (i.e. 60s Gold on 73). Not sure when it happened, but will further investigate to make sure i wasn't seeing things. I'm running 2022.16.0.3

I noticed different icons on my SiriusXM favorite channels today. It seems as though each channel was updated to its correct icon and channel number (i.e. 60s Gold on 73). Not sure when it happened, but will further investigate to make sure i wasn't seeing things. I'm running 2022.16.0.3
I checked on 5/31/2022 and the 60's Gold was still on Channel 6. I updated that night to 2022.12.3.20 FSD Beta 10.12.2. Because of your post, I checked and 60's Gold as you say, is now moved. The FSD Beta is usually a couple of updates behind normal feature updates. I don't know if it was a Tesla Update, or if SiriusXM updated their firmware to perhaps correct the channel problems. We'll see how well the "fix" really was, but things have changed.

I checked on 5/31/2022 and the 60's Gold was still on Channel 6. I updated that night to 2022.12.3.20 FSD Beta 10.12.2. Because of your post, I checked and 60's Gold as you say, is now moved. The FSD Beta is usually a couple of updates behind normal feature updates. I don't know if it was a Tesla Update, or if SiriusXM updated their firmware to perhaps correct the channel problems. We'll see how well the "fix" really was, but things have changed.
Yesterday after I got the SiriusXM to actually work all of the icons updated for me too. One thing I did notice since I got the unit working is the there are dropouts when going through wooded areas, I guess I had forgotten that is one issue with the Satellite radio, Of course I could just use the streaming app on my phone - but that fails on some road trips too - when the cell coverage is non-existent. I'll probably keep the service at least for the 6 months I've paid for now.

In rural areas on back roads, the signal does drop out from foliage sometimes. I have a lifetime subscription that I bought like in 2004 - 2006, so I am a customer until my end time comes. 😇 or 😈 The cost was like $400, or equivalent to about 3+ years of paid monthly service at the then-current rates.

In rural areas on back roads, the signal does drop out from foliage sometimes. I have a lifetime subscription that I bought like in 2004 - 2006, so I am a customer until my end time comes. 😇 or 😈 The cost was like $400, or equivalent to about 3+ years of paid monthly service at the then-current rates.
it used to be that in metro areas they had terrestrial repeaters, but apparently either they don't anymore or something about the Model S doesn't let it work- I've been a subscriber for many years- should have bought that lifetime subscription when it was offered, while I'm sure there are many reasons to use other streaming services or even streaming on our phones, we like the satellite radio in general.

Reactions: DerbyDave
It's been fixed on my car - all icons are displaying correctly! What was broken for the last 6 months (at least) - an example is channel 6, which is now The Coffee House, was displaying the outdated icon "60's on 6" (while playing The Coffee House). It's now displaying "The Coffee House". All other re-organized Sirius/XM channels are now correct.

What I don't understand is: I haven't done a software upgrade for two weeks, and I haven't done an XM "Refresh" for two weeks. So why and how was it suddenly fixed today? Enquiring minds would like to know ....

SiriusXM pushes out updates like channel lineup changes improvements, and bug fixes. The radio probably listens for an update marker, also the radio does a reset occasionally, and probably also updates. In any event, the radio updates itself normally without you doing anything.