Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SIRIUS XM PROBLEMS (AGAIN), THIS TIME WITH FAVORITES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crackers, please email me directly at my law office, [email protected].

I intend to proceed to the next legal step and you would be a good witness or perhaps you would like to join my effort.
So… Sirius (and FM, Spotify) are all back under Recents and Favorites menu with 2022.36.6!

You can easily select from multiple sources and see all of the recent Sirius stations listed without going to the Sirius app. Much better and similar to old design. They also upgraded the FM tuner app.

So… Sirius (and FM, Spotify) are all back under Recents and Favorites menu with 2022.36.6!

You can easily select from multiple sources and see all of the recent Sirius stations listed without going to the Sirius app. Much better and similar to old design. They also upgraded the FM tuner app.
Interesting. I am not seeing that yet on my Refresh S and I am on 2022.36.6! I see on Sirius station, but I have a lot more favorites than that. Still have the same old songs that I listed to about 6 months ago under favorites too.

Interesting. I am not seeing that yet on my Refresh S and I am on 2022.36.6! I see on Sirius station, but I have a lot more favorites than that. Still have the same old songs that I listed to about 6 months ago under favorites too.
It seems to be showing only Recents, not Favorites. And it’s finicky. I tried selecting 10 Sirius in sequence but it still shows a mix of FM, Spotify and Sirius. One time it showed 4 Sirius, but now only 1. I don’t get the “logic” but that’s Tesla. Maybe based on duration of play and mix of sources. I tried turning off Spotify and FM as sources, and it then shows more Sirius and let’s me add more by listening to each.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBV1
It seems to be showing only Recents, not Favorites. And it’s finicky. I tried selecting 10 Sirius in sequence but it still shows a mix of FM, Spotify and Sirius. One time it showed 4 Sirius, but now only 1. I don’t get the “logic” but that’s Tesla. Maybe based on duration of play and mix of sources. I tried turning off Spotify and FM as sources, and it then shows more Sirius and let’s me add more by listening to each.

do they actually stick, or do they disappear after 20-30 mins or so? i just got 36.6 yesterday but haven't had a chance to play around with it yet...

do they actually stick, or do they disappear after 20-30 mins or so? i just got 36.6 yesterday but haven't had a chance to play around with it yet...
When I turned off FM and Spotify to test, leaving just Sirius, Bluetooth and Tidal (it seems to require you keep 3 active), and then started rotating thru Sirius leaving each for 20 seconds, they seem to stick. I was able to retain about 6 but didn’t keep trying. Then when I switched Spotify back on it dropped most and left 2. Seems to be keeping several Recents from each source, but not literally all the most Recents.

Drove my wife’s BMW yesterday. It was nice having a car where the media interface is just outstanding. Real favorites/presents that I can scroll through and even see on HUD, larger album art, etc…. Just a much safer and so much better experience. Oh and CarPlay too, if needed for Waze, etc…

Tesla media interface really brings down the enjoyment of the overall experience of owning a Tesla. I would knock it down at least one or two grades for such a crappy interface. Still amazes me that it has about 20 months since release of the refresh and nothing has been added to the drivers console. So crappy!

Same experience with my wife's BMW. This is my 3rd Tesla... and the last. The entertainment interface makes driving the car... to me... a music lover.... a less than enjoyable experience. I wish I had known about how bad the Sirius interface was. So....these software engineers are going to run Twitter? Good luck w that. Musk is too busy running Twitter to care about my 100k investment.

billy joel channel was on for all of october as holly.

we can go one further...now that holly is back, they moved it to 104 which the Tesla thinks is fox nation (which hasn't existed for months, 104 has been a seasonal music channel for a while now).

105, which Tesla thinks is holly, is a different Christmas channel.

I really don't understand how it's this difficult for them to change these to match what is actually on. I wonder if there's some way we could spoof it.

we can go one further...now that holly is back, they moved it to 104 which the Tesla thinks is fox nation (which hasn't existed for months, 104 has been a seasonal music channel for a while now).

105, which Tesla thinks is holly, is a different Christmas channel.

I really don't understand how it's this difficult for them to change these to match what is actually on. I wonder if there's some way we could spoof it.
Yeah - that is so annoying. So, it says Holly, but is the Hallmark Christmas channel. I just love album art and then the colorful icon art signifying the stations.

It is really a shame that Tesla can’t get it right. So, annoying that you can scan easily back and forth in Sirius Favorites or all Favorites. Sounds dumb, but just took it for granted in other cars.

It eases my frustration slightly that I’m not the only one that feels this way. It really is ridiculous that Tesla doesn‘t fix this. The other annoying thing is they don’t have artist or song alerts. This is not a new thing my 2012 InfinitI and my 2019 Audi both had this feature and it was so nice To get a pop up and could just push a button and switch over toothache channel.

Reactions: maxibenson
My apologies if this has been mentioned before, but, after much research, I have found three ways to get your Tesla to scroll through SiriusXM favorites using the steering wheel buttons. These only make the scrolling through favorites work for the duration of a drive, so you'll, unfortunately, need to do them each time you get in the vehicle.

1. Change from your driver profile to a different driver profile. Change back to your driver profile.
2. Manually delete all your SiriusXM favorites. Set them back up again.
3. Reset vehicle's entertainment system. This deletes all your SiriusXM favorites. Set them back up again.

I use option #1 each time I get in my vehicle. I have a duplicate profile for myself so this just requires 2 presses on the screen each time I get in the vehicle. It's a bit of a whip, but it's better than nothing at this point.

The good news here is that, with all these three options (especially the 3rd option, which resets the car back the first time you drove it when you received it from the factory) addressing the issue, this proves, in my mind, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that, despite all the Tesla representatives' assurances to us that "This is how the SirisusXM radio on your Tesla works and it is not a software glitch", this MOST CERTAINLY is a software glitch. And Tesla needs to stop gaslighting us on this, admit that they are wrong and fix this issue.

My apologies if this has been mentioned before, but, after much research, I have found three ways to get your Tesla to scroll through SiriusXM favorites using the steering wheel buttons. These only make the scrolling through favorites work for the duration of a drive, so you'll, unfortunately, need to do them each time you get in the vehicle.

1. Change from your driver profile to a different driver profile. Change back to your driver profile.
2. Manually delete all your SiriusXM favorites. Set them back up again.
3. Reset vehicle's entertainment system. This deletes all your SiriusXM favorites. Set them back up again.

I use option #1 each time I get in my vehicle. I have a duplicate profile for myself so this just requires 2 presses on the screen each time I get in the vehicle. It's a bit of a whip, but it's better than nothing at this point.

The good news here is that, with all these three options (especially the 3rd option, which resets the car back the first time you drove it when you received it from the factory) addressing the issue, this proves, in my mind, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that, despite all the Tesla representatives' assurances to us that "This is how the SirisusXM radio on your Tesla works and it is not a software glitch", this MOST CERTAINLY is a software glitch. And Tesla needs to stop gaslighting us on this, admit that they are wrong and fix this issue.
Thanks for sharing this. I’m testing #1 and can’t get it to work. To set up, I selected my primary profile, created a new duplicate and saved. Then I tried primary, duplicate, back to primary and Sirius still advances to next channel not next favorite. Did I miss something?

#3 is too extreme and #2 doesn’t seem like it would continue to work after deleting all and adding back one time?

Reactions: crackers8199