Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SIRIUS XM PROBLEMS (AGAIN), THIS TIME WITH FAVORITES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometime in the last several days, some kind of glitch has worked itself into my 2020 Tesla S, media center, that broke the "favorites" feature on the recent/favorites bar. I have version 11.0 (2022.20.8)

I have SiriusXM and maybe 10 of the channels are saved as favorites along with a few radio stations.

Today, I discovered all the favorites are gone on the recent/favorites bar. Many recent channels are there and some of those are also favorites, but there is no dividing line between the recent and the favorite channels which has always been there. Moreover, I can tell no Sirius channel is really favored because they will disappear as more recent channels are used.

However, I went to the expanded menu of all channels and about 10-15 Sirius channels show as favored (the star is selected). Even though they are favored here, you cannot control them with the favorites bar or with the steering wheel arrow button (which used to move from one favorite to the next).

I tried to disable the favored selected by touching the star to remove the highlighting. It goes away, but then when I go to the channel the star is highlighted to show it is favored. I tried multiple times. It is not possible to unfavorite a channel (at least with respect to the star) but the channels are not actually favored when it comes to selecting them on the recent/favorite bar.

It seems the best approach would be the clear everything from memory, but I don't see another way to do that.

It is possible the latest update caused this. The only other cause I can think of is that another user plugged her phone in to stream from her phone on a prior trip and when I got in the car the next day, I found this problem.

We do have different user profiles. I don't know if user media settings carry over from one user to the next or how one user could cause this problem with another user. I did try other user profiles, but it made no difference. I also did the two finger reboot, it made no difference.

The favorites thing has been addressed in other threads.. by me. It's abysmal the interface for Sirius. In short, you can't easily scroll through them using the wheel right and left clicks. It makes the entire driving experience less enjoyable to have to look at the screen to navigate your stations. It's also dangerous. It seems like an easy fix but... it's obviously not on the top of the list

What other threads? I have not had problems before like this with favorites. I would see my favorites on the recent/favorites bar. I could add or remove favorites. The buttons on the steering wheel on the left side advanced forward one favorite after another. So it was working until very recently.

What other threads? I have not had problems before like this with favorites. I would see my favorites on the recent/favorites bar. I could add or remove favorites. The buttons on the steering wheel on the left side advanced forward one favorite after another. So it was working until very recently.
I don’t think I could ever add or remove favorites on my refresh Model S on the recents/favorites bar, unless I just did not know what I was doing. Really wish I could though. The whole Tesla media UI interface is just a mess. Probably the worst thing about Tesla.

Reactions: SDRick
Depending on what your definition of fine is... mine is that the toggle on the left thumb wheel scroll through the favorites like it used to on the older models. Now when you scroll it goes to the next Sirius station in numerical order.. NOT the favorites. If you press a favorite on touchscreen it goes to "more like this" and you have to back button to go back to favorites. Seems clunky for a 100k car

Depending on what your definition of fine is... mine is that the toggle on the left thumb wheel scroll through the favorites like it used to on the older models. Now when you scroll it goes to the next Sirius station in numerical order.. NOT the favorites. If you press a favorite on touchscreen it goes to "more like this" and you have to back button to go back to favorites. Seems clunky for a 100k car
Yup on the refresh it’s a disaster because of this. There were a few times it worked where the left scroll button would cycle through the favorites and I thought it was fixed but then it reverted back to scrolling through the next station.

Also, not being able to rearrange the favorites is ridiculous. Amazing that they can’t/don’t want to fix something so simple like this.

Reactions: DBV1 and Tezlowski
Yup on the refresh it’s a disaster because of this. There were a few times it worked where the left scroll button would cycle through the favorites and I thought it was fixed but then it reverted back to scrolling through the next station.

Also, not being able to rearrange the favorites is ridiculous. Amazing that they can’t/don’t want to fix something so simple like this.
+1, they gotta fix this... the SiriusXM app is more useful

I am amazed.

I can’t believe the refresh Model S has been out about a year and two months now and not one thing added to the driver console display. Why can’t album art be displayed there or ability to change by favorites, blind spot picture, etc. Absolutely ridiculous that it displays less than previous Model S and has never been updated. Heck - we don’t even get ability to move blind spot picture on main screen, like Y/3 users do.

Any other brand, the most expensive cars get the neat toys/tricks first and then it trickles down. Opposite at Tesla. My biggest complaint about Tesla is their UI is really bad. Just take a sliver of time spent wasted on FSD and put some effort in a proper media interface and improving the driver console display. Those little things just keep people happy.

I listen mostly to SXM in my 2018 Model X. I have about 8 favorites/presets on SXM and some with FM radio. Until recently, the "next" and "Previous" buttons (above/below the left scroll wheel) would cycle thru the SXM presets in the order they were saved (i.e., moving from channel 20 to 18 to 26 to 25, etc.) and same when in the FM band. This is how the Owner's Manual says these buttons should be working.

Now, the SXMs move numerically by the next station, with no regard for saved favorites/presets (so, from 20 to 21 to 22, etc.). However, they continue to move properly in the FM band. And with Spotify, move to next or previous song in the playlist being listened to.

Now, according to service center (and if you are lucky enough to get a live person on phone), the functionality of these buttons to move between saved favorites/presets has been eliminated, BUT ONLY WITH SXM!! They continue to work fine with FM and Spotify.

Was told by service center that "maybe one day they'll update the Owner's Manual to reflect this".

So disillusioned with Tesla now.

I listen mostly to SXM in my 2018 Model X. I have about 8 favorites/presets on SXM and some with FM radio. Until recently, the "next" and "Previous" buttons (above/below the left scroll wheel) would cycle thru the SXM presets in the order they were saved (i.e., moving from channel 20 to 18 to 26 to 25, etc.) and same when in the FM band. This is how the Owner's Manual says these buttons should be working.

Now, the SXMs move numerically by the next station, with no regard for saved favorites/presets (so, from 20 to 21 to 22, etc.). However, they continue to move properly in the FM band. And with Spotify, move to next or previous song in the playlist being listened to.

Now, according to service center (and if you are lucky enough to get a live person on phone), the functionality of these buttons to move between saved favorites/presets has been eliminated, BUT ONLY WITH SXM!! They continue to work fine with FM and Spotify.

Was told by service center that "maybe one day they'll update the Owner's Manual to reflect this".

Ugh... this is the stuff that's just silly, WHY! Really doesnt make much sense... OR if you're gonna change it, give the option on how you would want it used... sure, more programming needed but heck the car drives itself! I think they can handle it...

Reactions: maxibenson

I am betting that the SC who told you that had no clue what they're talking about. it's not only stupid to have it operate differently for a single app, it's also unsafe as it requires you to look down at the screen to change favorites.

everyone needs to keep reporting this as a bug to Tesla so they fix it.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
I've been complaining about this ever since I picked up my new LR S. First thing I did.. before I even drove it, was to enable SXM and input favorites for SXM. I was... shocked.. at the way the interface behaved because of all of the above comments that others have listed . A 100k car with probably the WORST user interface for entertainment ever made. Simple stuff that Toyota does this car cannot do. Yea, it drives somewhat on its own,but a big part of enjoying the ride is your tunes and the ease of accessing them. The strange thing is that this seems so fixable... it's probably something they just don't care about. Hey, but the car farts... that's important.

I've been complaining about this ever since I picked up my new LR S. First thing I did.. before I even drove it, was to enable SXM and input favorites for SXM. I was... shocked.. at the way the interface behaved because of all of the above comments that others have listed . A 100k car with probably the WORST user interface for entertainment ever made. Simple stuff that Toyota does this car cannot do. Yea, it drives somewhat on its own,but a big part of enjoying the ride is your tunes and the ease of accessing them. The strange thing is that this seems so fixable... it's probably something they just don't care about. Hey, but the car farts... that's important.

really all they need to do to completely fix it is two things:

1) make sure the scroll wheel ALWAYS cycles between favorites, or at least that there's a setting to allow you to change it on the fly.

2) make it so that when you tap a favorite from the list, it stays on the favorites screen and doesn't change to the related content screen. the related content thing has its place, but that place is when browsing all channels...not when selecting a favorite.

those two things would completely fix the UI for me. it would still have its quirks, but that would make it 100% functional, at least.

really all they need to do to completely fix it is two things:

1) make sure the scroll wheel ALWAYS cycles between favorites, or at least that there's a setting to allow you to change it on the fly.

2) make it so that when you tap a favorite from the list, it stays on the favorites screen and doesn't change to the related content screen. the related content thing has its place, but that place is when browsing all channels...not when selecting a favorite.

those two things would completely fix the UI for me. it would still have its quirks, but that would make it 100% functional, at least.
I would add.. show the info for what you are listening to on the dashboard screen. Show more useful stuff there. Make it so you do not have to take your eyes off the road. They are always preaching how safe the car is but they made the UI so that unless it's self driving features you have to look at the computer screen.

Reactions: DBV1 and Tezlowski
I have this exact issue.

My 2021 Range Rover used to scroll through favorites but you couldn’t rearrange the order either. I was hoping for all that to be fixed here but i actually went backwards in not being able to scroll through favorites. That’s frustrating

Reactions: maxibenson