Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM update...

Dr_BTF

Dec 10, 2019
Kentucky
I was surprised to see a significant upgrade to the Sirius XM interface in the latest software update for my 2017 Model S. I thought Tesla was phasing out SXM with the MCU 2 upgrades... Seems weird unless they have finally heard customer's disappointment with losing this functionality and are planning to bring it back.

Reactions: davezforce

bpjones

Nov 16, 2018
Houston, TX
I was wondering if this update allows SiriusXM to stream over the car’s cellular connection (like TuneIn/Spotify) as opposed to a satellite connection. Any idea?

OlderThanDirt

Apr 19, 2015
Two Rivers, WI
Definitely a pretty significant update considering you lose SiriusXM if you do the MCU 2 upgrade.

Maybe no one told the left hand what the right hand was doing ;-)

I would like to believe Tesla realizes some of us really enjoy having SiriusXM......

ganix

Jul 15, 2020
Redondo Beach, CA
I just received an email from Tesla that says "Beginning now, enjoy a free, All Access three-month trial subscription to SiriusXM, plus a completely new look and improved functionality."
Looks like it's on support page as well SiriusXM Trial

dmurphy

Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2018
New Jersey - Morris County
Quick question for someone with the new UI ...

can you please go into Sports -> MLB play-by-play and see which channel numbers come up? I suspect I’m missing a bunch. The lowest # I see is 180, but there are routinely games on channels in the 170s ...

Thank you!

EdisonFire

Sep 2, 2015
NJ
An important note here re: Sirius. Part of the problem for several years has been the lack of direct channel tuning on Sirius. Say an NFL game is on channel 233, maybe the highest channel I have as a favorite is Howard (Channel 100). That meant clicking up, up...you get the point. Several upgrades back, direct channel access was available and it was great. With last week's upgrade, unless I'm clueless, direct channel tuning is missing. Yes there are genres that will get one closer, but its a feature that needs to be returned. Furthermore, as usual the radio audio goes silent when an incoming telephone calls comes in. After disconnecting, the audio doesn't return. You have to toggle the volume control on steering wheel to "wake up" the audio. Has anyone found similar?

• Helpful
Reactions: serpico007

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
I wonder if the re programming and the free 4 months access has anything to do with Tesla being provided a sign on bonus from Sirius? This was the first thing that stuck in my mind when I read about the free access. Your thoughts?

Jetwash08

Jun 18, 2019
Indiana
Quick question for someone with the new UI ...

can you please go into Sports -> MLB play-by-play and see which channel numbers come up? I suspect I’m missing a bunch. The lowest # I see is 180, but there are routinely games on channels in the 170s ...

Thank you!
You cannot. I’ve tried several times to listen to the NBA games with no luck.

dmurphy

Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2018
New Jersey - Morris County
You cannot. I’ve tried several times to listen to the NBA games with no luck.

Some of the MLB games come up, but not all. Something is really up with my channel map. For example, if I tune to “Pop Rocks” - The Bridge plays instead.

EBAE913B-472A-4018-ADCD-1341815FC8C6.jpeg

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
Picked up a Model Y the other week. You all know there is no XM on these cars? I looked all over the screen and didn't find the app. Not that I need it but it's good having options.

tccartier

Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2015
AZ.
An important note here re: Sirius. Part of the problem for several years has been the lack of direct channel tuning on Sirius. Say an NFL game is on channel 233, maybe the highest channel I have as a favorite is Howard (Channel 100). That meant clicking up, up...you get the point. Several upgrades back, direct channel access was available and it was great. With last week's upgrade, unless I'm clueless, direct channel tuning is missing. Yes there are genres that will get one closer, but its a feature that needs to be returned. Furthermore, as usual the radio audio goes silent when an incoming telephone calls comes in. After disconnecting, the audio doesn't return. You have to toggle the volume control on steering wheel to "wake up" the audio. Has anyone found similar?

I know this is an old thread but I just had a thought I wonder if you can voice command to direct tune to an XM station? My Chevy volt could do that I've never tried in my S.

Geoman

Mar 18, 2015
Houston, TX
Lost SXM with update and messaged service. They quickly responded and did a remote hard reset. Got SXM back but lost ALL settings. After reprogramming the garage and gate openers and Personal settings all is back to normal. Service was helpful and efficient. Software update not so much.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC