Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share this tidbit with Sirius Subscribers.

Since the Model 3 does not have Sirius just yet (though I'm thinking the hardware is there its just not activated )... I was able to call Sirius and have them give me the Online/App subscription. With that you can bluetooth from your phone to the 3.

Sirius wanted to charge me $10.00 for making this change but without much negotiation they waived the fee. All I did was ask if they can waive it and he did. So, this is at least a temporary workaround for Sirius users.

Reactions: WallyP and DR61

Since the Model 3 does not have Sirius just yet (though I'm thinking the hardware is there its just not activated )... I was able to call Sirius and have them give me the Online/App subscription. With that you can bluetooth from your phone to the 3.

Sirius wanted to charge me $10.00 for making this change but without much negotiation they waived the fee. All I did was ask if they can waive it and he did. So, this is at least a temporary workaround for Sirius users.
And if you have no cell signal?

Before you give anyone false hopes, from what I can see, Tesla has NO intention of EVER having satellite radio in the Model 3 and I'm not sure that the hardware is there so it can't be fixed with a software update. If someone knows definitively, please tell us.

I live in an area with dead zones for cell reception so streaming via phone is NOT a good option.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what happened to the SiriusXM bluetooth car cradle. I've found traces of it but nobody has one for sale.

I just cancelled Sirius on my old car, and they're sending me a free radio with car kit. I have no idea what features it will have, but the price was right.

I use a variety of different platforms for listening to music, but Sirius has advantages over Slacker, TuneIn, Spotify, Pandora. It works in places with no internet connection, doesn't use phone data, and has proprietary content. It's pretty lame to not include the hardware in the Model 3.

Reactions: X Fan
I just cancelled Sirius on my old car, and they're sending me a free radio with car kit

They tried to offer this to me, but I had already turned on my online access, so I turned it down. As far as I can tell, the only connection point with those is with an FM transmitter since the 3 doesn't have an AUX input. I will be interested to hear if you find a better way to connect it, as I might consider purchasing one in that case.

They tried to offer this to me, but I had already turned on my online access, so I turned it down. As far as I can tell, the only connection point with those is with an FM transmitter since the 3 doesn't have an AUX input. I will be interested to hear if you find a better way to connect it, as I might consider purchasing one in that case.

The radio they sent me for free has a Aux input, but like you said the Model 3 does not. FM transmitter is entirely useless in a big city. I had no idea that in Portland, every single FM station is in use, so it's sitting in a box now. The app seems like a reasonable option, plus it means I don't have to deface my dashboard with some cheap electronics.

• Informative
Reactions: Az_Rael

Can't you transmit via bluetooth? I use the android app and transmit via bluetooth to the car (Acura TL).