Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
am I the only one who can't get the app to play more than a few minutes without randomly stopping for no reason? I've basically given up on it...no other streaming source has this issue, so it's not my phone or the car. it's the Sirius app.
Is it pausing or stopping completly?

If it's randomly pausing try to fully remove the bluetooth device then re-pair it. I had that issue on older android Oreo and my pixel 2xl.

Including Bloomberg. For four years I was paying Sirius and now it’s free on Tunein:)

I don't want "free" Tunein, if that is why every time I listen to Bloomberg Surveillance it miraculously starts at the beginning of an advertisement. I'm finding the content seems to be interrupted, possibly to make up for the "free" part?

I like the attempts (in MS) at stations, and voice "Play, xxxxxx" seems to work ok, but not as good as XM stations, or Pandora.

That’s what Tune-in is for. Listen to their CNN or CNBC channel, or whatever radio station is broadcasting the football game. You can listen to almost any radio station in the world.

As of August 1st Tune-In lost over 100 stations (those that i listen to, of course, like WFAN NY, WCBS 880 etc.) as their parent company is now exclusively on radio.com. CNN and many other good listens are still available on Tune-In. I use bluetooth for Sirus and now radio.com when I can't get my local stations on FM.

As of August 1st Tune-In lost over 100 stations (those that i listen to, of course, like WFAN NY, WCBS 880 etc.) as their parent company is now exclusively on radio.com. CNN and many other good listens are still available on Tune-In. I use bluetooth for Sirus and now radio.com when I can't get my local stations on FM.

i'm hopeful that eventually tesla will update the in-car system to allow playing tunein custom URLs. that would take care of the loss of WFAN/et al, as you can pretty easily find URLs for those streams with a little detective work and playing them through the tune in app (as custom URLs) works perfectly...it's just that the current version of the tesla software won't load them.

• Helpful
Reactions: KerryOH
Got my car back from installer today, my plan for the sirius xm touch commander failed. The cars antenna ended up being the black 3 prong connector that is circled, not the lower one that I thought would have been it. Had the antenna plug been the traditional type the touch commander should have worked. The other option I tried was ordering a bluetooth transmitter from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5KKUR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )that would plug into the touch commanders aux jack and convert the signal to bluetooth. The transmitter would eventually pair with the model 3 after several tried and I could play music from an iPads headphone jack through the transmitter and to the model 3 stereo. This method was not reliable it would have a hard time reconnecting after I'd turn the car off and come back, so I returned the transmitter. Only other option would be for an aux to fm transmitter but I've heard that none of the ones today are very powerful due to FCC regulations. I did however get my Valentine One radar detector hard wired. He tapped the light blue gray wire in the kick panel that powers the 12v outlet. Am currently using the stock suction cup mount to hold it on the windshield until my blend mount arrives next week (product was supposed to be shipping today) Can post photos when completed.

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Kermee
Got my car back from installer today, my plan for the sirius xm touch commander failed. The cars antenna ended up being the black 3 prong connector that is circled, not the lower one that I thought would have been it. Had the antenna plug been the traditional type the touch commander should have worked. The other option I tried was ordering a bluetooth transmitter from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5KKUR0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )that would plug into the touch commanders aux jack and convert the signal to bluetooth. The transmitter would eventually pair with the model 3 after several tried and I could play music from an iPads headphone jack through the transmitter and to the model 3 stereo. This method was not reliable it would have a hard time reconnecting after I'd turn the car off and come back, so I returned the transmitter. Only other option would be for an aux to fm transmitter but I've heard that none of the ones today are very powerful due to FCC regulations. I did however get my Valentine One radar detector hard wired. He tapped the light blue gray wire in the kick panel that powers the 12v outlet. Am currently using the stock suction cup mount to hold it on the windshield until my blend mount arrives next week (product was supposed to be shipping today) Can post photos when completed.

what about trying to add a switched output after the radio output? something that would switch to the xm unit if active and back to fm radio if not...basically the same thing the fm direct adapter does, but on the other side.

I ordered https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URUJWPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Ill give it it a try since it has 6500+ reviews. Not sure where the radio output is, in the fm/hd module the fm music would stop playing when the black ribbon cable was unplugged. Nothing would happen when the lower "antenna plug" was unplugged. We tried FM and HD stations and they both seemed to rely on the top black ribbon connector. Thought maybe the lower connector was for gps so we drove the car with the lower plug unplugged and the car still moved on the map. As for the wires coming out of the right side of the fm/hd box my installer was unsure if it went to another location before going to speakers, he doubted that the connections to the speakers came from that box. May have to wait for someone to get the service manual if and when its available (think you have to pay by the hour to view it though if they go the same route as the S/X manuals)

I just started the TuneIn premium subscription trial on my iPhone. They do a very poor job of showing you what you’re getting with Premium vs Free, but I attached screenshots of what’s available on the App. They seem to have all the major news channels and all the major sports. Unless you’re looking for something niche or exclusive to Sirius, seems like its a viable replacement.

Does anyone know for certain you can login to your Premium account from the Model 3 entertainment system?

Attachments

• 15CAA607-849F-4288-A13C-E7AD8D9EC3B7.jpeg
    15CAA607-849F-4288-A13C-E7AD8D9EC3B7.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 72
  • B8F23C3D-1FB9-4984-B7B1-BB1E5AF7B9B1.jpeg
    B8F23C3D-1FB9-4984-B7B1-BB1E5AF7B9B1.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 70
  • A76C2B09-83B4-4874-AA26-7196B2EC22AD.png
    A76C2B09-83B4-4874-AA26-7196B2EC22AD.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 8259CC80-F52E-409A-BF07-9779E8CD7708.jpeg
    8259CC80-F52E-409A-BF07-9779E8CD7708.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 72
  • 0B8A4A50-55F1-4C9D-9259-1BD9E5B6B28A.png
    0B8A4A50-55F1-4C9D-9259-1BD9E5B6B28A.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 77
  • D89DDF13-0962-462D-9463-B923A6FC37C7.jpeg
    D89DDF13-0962-462D-9463-B923A6FC37C7.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 76
  • E23CEBAE-E123-4169-B153-BD30577717B5.png
    E23CEBAE-E123-4169-B153-BD30577717B5.png
    224.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 7D46F73A-7BCE-4A52-B2F9-F70EC8AD9078.jpeg
    7D46F73A-7BCE-4A52-B2F9-F70EC8AD9078.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 70
Does anyone know for certain you can login to your Premium account from the Model 3 entertainment system?
Ok, forget TuneIn - at least for now.

Just used my premium login in the car at the showroom. It recognized me and appeared to work fine, but I was having trouble finding the premium services and events. I went to my Favorites and they we’re all there except for the premium ones.

The M3 Entertainment system has so much room for improvement...... :-(

forget tune in because this is a satellite thread...lol the two are different things, regardless of whether you can get to the tune in premium stuff from the in dash system.

there is content on satellite that is not on tune in (howard stern, notably)...plus the tune in decades channels are hot garbage. the satellite decades channels (80s on 8, 90s on 9, pop2k, etc) are LIGHTYEARS ahead of the tune in garbage channels.

I wrote an email to that company in Colorado that was supposed to be developing a solution for the Model 3 (can't remember their name at the moment). They said that they were waiting for a 'volunteer' with a Model 3 in the area to test their solution. I need to follow up with them to see if their solution involves using a standard portable tuner.

I wrote an email to that company in Colorado that was supposed to be developing a solution for the Model 3 (can't remember their name at the moment). They said that they were waiting for a 'volunteer' with a Model 3 in the area to test their solution. I need to follow up with them to see if their solution involves using a standard portable tuner.

vaistech? i also contacted them a whlie back, i tried again this past week now that more and more model 3s are coming available but haven't heard back yet. it's my understanding though that their solutions would basically use the existing in-dash system and convert the satellite tuner data to be able to be read by that, as if it were a USB stick or something similar...

• Informative
Reactions: Brenzo
Not sure if this is true. I wanted to listen CNN or CNBC this morning - no go. If I wanted to listen to a live football game (like on sirius) how do I do this?
Get the app, as the original poster said, and filter it via Bluetooth. My only problem, unless I haven't figured this out, is that I have to select what I want to hear manually on the phone--the Sirius menu doesn't appear on the screen, unless I'm overlooking something. Makes it less than perfect, all right! I did look over their menu and save my favorites.