Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM - can use a favor …

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dmurphy

Supporting Member
Hey folks - can I ask a quick favor?

One of you with a SiriusXM subscription & the 2021.48.X (V11) firmware …. can you go into the X and tune to, as an example, the “60s on 6” station? Does it actually tune to 60s on 6?

Mine tunes to Coffee House. I’ve got lots of other channel screwups as well.

Wanted to see if it’s just my X, or is this a systemic problem?

Have a contact at Tesla I want to bring this to but need to verify either it’s just my vehicle or if it’s a fleet problem.

Thank you!

Sirius changed their channel lineup a few weeks ago. 60's on six is now 60's gold and I believe it is on channel 73. People like me who listen to the 60's are too old to have the station at that end of the dial.

Thank you! This is it, exactly. The “channel map” that Tesla uses needs to be updated. I’m not sure how they implemented it, but it’s been broken for quite some time. There’s plenty of other of these mis-maps.

And yes - those of us that enjoy good music are being pushed further up the dial. Heck, the fact that we call it a dial shows our age, doesn’t it?

It was terrifying to me to realize Love Me Do is now 60 years old. Playing that with my 14yo son in the car is as old as Rhapsody in Blue was when I was his age.

Yikes.

One of you with a SiriusXM subscription & the 2021.48.X (V11) firmware …. can you go into the X and tune to, as an example, the “60s on 6” station? Does it actually tune to 60s on 6?

Have a contact at Tesla I want to bring this to but need to verify either it’s just my vehicle or if it’s a fleet problem.

Thank you!
2021 MSP. 60s on 6 also going to Coffee House. To get 60s, tune to 40s…..Yup it’s a fleet problem.

Reactions: dmurphy
Yup. I spent 20 mins figuring out the Sirius XM channel changes vs. the icon displayed. That said, I have another problem I've had through many software upgrades:
When we start the car, the Sirius XM icon often is not visible, and we cannot find a way to connect to Sirius XM. Performing a soft reboot (thumbwheels) usually brings the icon back, as does stopping and restarting the car, but not always. This happens on V11 and on all software versions since we got the new 2020 X-LR in 9/20. I'm getting tired of doing soft reboots while driving. Are any of you Sirius XMers experiencing this?

To dmurphy: don't feel old. We also enjoy the '50s channel. My HS graduation year was '62.

Reactions: davezforce
Yup. I spent 20 mins figuring out the Sirius XM channel changes vs. the icon displayed. That said, I have another problem I've had through many software upgrades:
When we start the car, the Sirius XM icon often is not visible, and we cannot find a way to connect to Sirius XM. Performing a soft reboot (thumbwheels) usually brings the icon back, as does stopping and restarting the car, but not always. This happens on V11 and on all software versions since we got the new 2020 X-LR in 9/20. I'm getting tired of doing soft reboots while driving. Are any of you Sirius XMers experiencing this?

To dmurphy: don't feel old. We also enjoy the '50s channel. My HS graduation year was '62.

Yep, I have the same problem, where my Sirius favorites disappear. The way I found to get around it was to choose an FM channel, and the. I could click on “Sirius XM” again as a source, and my favorites would come back. I’ll see if I can make up a video for you next time it happens!

I Have had it ever since we got the update that moved the SirusXM to a separate app down in the tray and not the old way that was in with the FM channels. Only work around that ever worked for me was taking out my home Wi-Fi and just leaving it on LTE. For some reasons on mine after it connects to Wi-Fi after being home the next ride out it will be MIA until u soft reset (while driving and on LTE) then it re appears and usually is fine on every other drive there after because it doesn’t connect back to Wi-Fi except when I get home and then try to leave again after connecting while sitting in driveway. They should just disable the Sirus tuner and make it use the sirus app like Spotify, that way it would handle the transition better and then also 3 and y cars would be able to have it as well. The only downfall would be it would be dependent on lte connection vs the actual satellite signals but at this rate I don’t think they will ever take the time to fix this esp in our “legacy” cars.

Thank you!
I have SAME ISSUE. If they can't get Sirius to work how do they expect me to trust their Self Driving???

Thank you!
At least it's free!

I have SAME ISSUE. If they can't get Sirius to work how do they expect me to trust their Self Driving???

It’s clear where the priorities lay. I wouldn’t judge anything by it other than it’s a low priority.

There was recently a channel map update that got things squared away on my SXM radio. Hopefully you see it soon as well.