Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM stopped working after unplugging cord in USB port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just set up the dash cam in my 2020 Model S. I had to remove a black cord plugged into one of the two USB-A ports in the center console in order to plus in a USB flash drive for the dash cam system. After two-button reboot of system, that appears to be working now.

However, I discovered that while the radio stations and caroakoe work fine, I can select a Sirius XM channel but there is no sound. Also trying to press other Sirius XM channel buttons and nothing happens, cannot even switch channels.

I thought that cord I unplugged is just for the wireless cellular charging, which I don't use. So it is just a coincidence that Sirius XM suddenly does not work? (There is no issue with my subscription)

I lost all sound on mine a few days ago. It is buggy Sirius programming. I did a power off reboot, shut my right eye, tapped the steering 3 times. It did not come back immediately, but fooling with it and some time, it finally came back. It all just has to settle back in after you disrupted it by doing something completely unrelated.

Yeah, I think most likely it had nothing to do with plugging in the USB device, but more likely just happened after the reboot of the MCU. Sirius XM has been wonky since ~July firmware. It seems to have gotten a bit better lately though, but still not perfect.