Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Siruis XM working in the web browser-with some issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following this message Get Around Tesla Spotify Frustrations [open spotify via in car browser]
I was able to get the web browser to play Sirius XM

Go to the FM radio then,
Open the web browser and navigate to SiriusXM and log in.
Select your station and hit play.

There are a few issues:
You may have to go back to the FM radio and back to the web browser for it start playing.
Favorites do not work.
You need to change stations from the Discover section.
If you swipe down from the web browser the music stops so you cannot use maps and the web browser at the same time.
Scroll wheels don't work to advance or pause

IMG_0094.jpg
IMG_0095.jpg

Reactions: brucmod
Following this message Get Around Tesla Spotify Frustrations [open spotify via in car browser]

Go to the FM radio then,

There are a few issues:
You may have to go back to the FM radio and back to the web browser for it start playing.
Favorites do not work.
If you swipe down from the web browser the music stops so you cannot use maps and the web browser at the same time.

View attachment 845664View attachment 845663

I understand why someone would be trying to get "native" access, through the cars screen like it was that way from the factory. What does playing through the tesla browser get you that you dont get in streaming bluetooth from your phone?

This isnt a leading question, but an actual one. I like to learn things, and may be missing something here.

I understand why someone would be trying to get "native" access, through the cars screen like it was that way from the factory. What does playing through the tesla browser get you that you dont get in streaming bluetooth from your phone?

This isnt a leading question, but an actual one. I like to learn things, and may be missing something here.
A bigger easier to use interface while driving.

Hi JJ,
Also consider the possibility that those who pay for premium connectivity have unlimited streaming. While using our phone through bluetooth, we effectively have to use our own data plans, which can be costly, especially if we already have and pay for the connectivity with Tesla.

Go to the FM radio then,

There are a few issues:
Favorites do not work.

It's way easier to just use the phone app and play through BT.

And you get none of the negatives that you've mentioned.

Go to the FM radio then,

There are a few issues:
Favorites do not work.

Works with Apple Music also. Pretty slick workaround

I haven’t tried this and probably won’t, but the obvious thing to me is a larger interface that is easier to manipulate. I stream SXM from my phone, which I keep on the center console inductive charger, and changing stations is not easy (and I’m not interested in the Alexa voice assistant method because, among other things, I’m not a fan of voice commands anywhere).

But the good-enough solution would be for Tesla to offer an SXM streaming app for the infotainment system. It’s such a no-brainer that there must be some kind of contractual issue hanging it up.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin