TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Siry Resigns

Discussion in 'News' started by graham, Dec 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

2. graham

graham Active Member

Bwah hahaha! Classic! :biggrin:

3. Joseph

Joseph Member

Darryl says something about what happened last January. ALOT of stuff has happened in the past year. Does anyone with timeline-memory recall what happened in January?

4. graham

graham Active Member

I assumed he was speaking of the firing of Martin, DavidV, Wally Rippel etc along with the admission that the transmission didn't work.

Although maybe that happened in December, I forget.

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Hmm. This is the same site whose "sources" previously claimed that half he company was being fired. Perhaps someone's sour grapes?

6. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Welcome back, Darryl. Just passing through, or will we be seeing more posts from you? It's always good to have your insight on topics that are dicussed here.

7. siry

siry Member

Not just passing through. Between TEG, dPeilow and others, this board is better than google news alert for sniffing stuff out!

I'm staying close to the alt fuel/EV stuff and doing some blogging and advisory/consulting work in the space alongside my primary project so I will likely be more vocal around these parts now.

It's easier because I am no longer representing Tesla, so I won't be as conflicted. Along the same lines though, I don't plan on offering any insiderish info on Tesla since that wouldn't be appropriate.

8. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Good! Welcome back to stay, then!

TMC.com has consistently been the best place for the latest news on Tesla and related happenings for a long time. Like you, I've got google alerts, but it's rare that I see something from them that hasn't already been brought up on TMC.com. Kudos definitely goes out to TEG, doug, dPeilow and several others for their ability to find the latest information.

Another informed voice is always welcome.

Perfectly understandable, nor would I expect you to.

9. graham

graham Active Member

Of course not! But insiderish info on the industry in general (just as you have been blogging about recently) is very welcome and appreciated! Thanks!

10. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Hey Darryl, glad to be of service :smile:

Thanks also for the interesting postings you've been making recently.

11. thejump

thejump Member

And besides offering Tesla inside info would violate your non-disparage agreement that you were 'required' to sign in order to get your severance and stock options.

12. Cobos

Cobos S60 Owner since 2013 - sold, S85D owner since 2017

TheJump: And your point is ? This is pretty standard conditions and nothing unusual in that.

Cobos

13. siry

siry Member

@thejump - I signed nothing and received no severance. Keeping confidential information confidential is just the right thing to do, and also something you agree to do when you join Tesla (or any company, pretty much).

14. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I breath a slight sigh of relief to see Darryl posting here now.
    In case some of you hadn't noticed, I had been trying to "back away" from the forums somewhat as I felt TM was not happy with some of the things that were being said here. When Darryl had suggested some time ago that Tesla buyers stay away from this site it really gave me pause.

15. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

It's always going to be a balancing act. EVs in general, and Tesla in particular attract opinionated people. I'm still a huge fan of the Roadster and want to see Model S raise the bar still further.

Personally, I don't feel that I have handled the whole Martin/Elon divorce thing particularly well.

I guess those on the sidelines never do.

16. graham

graham Active Member

Autoblog Green is now picking up Darryl Siry's blog... 4 days late, but very interesting the coverage:
    Ex-Tesla VP Siry calls for either taxing up gas prices or dropping CAFE - AutoblogGreen

Honestly, the exact opposite happened for me. I "lurked" as a Guest on this site for months before registering. Even after registering, I didn't post much for a long time. I didn't start using this site in earnest until shortly after all that went down. And I did mostly because teslamotors.com pretty much shut down at that time. This was the place to go if you wanted information.

17. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Siry's new job

Former Tesla CMO Joins Peppercom

18. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Congrats Darryl

19. Bradleybang

Bradleybang Member

Siry,

Congrats! Good to see you are staying in the green sector.

P.S. If you are reading this please advise your webmaster at peppercom that the links to greenpepperblog.com on the home page and Green/Enviornmental PR page are broken as they don't include the (www)

20. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Congrats and good luck Darryl.