Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Site for Third Party Used Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can share their favorite site for browsing used Teslas.

- Ev-cpo.com is obviously the gold standard. Exactly the way it should be to filter by option, price range, location, etc. Only limitation is that it's restricted to Tesla-sold cars. I'm not ruling out buying one from Tesla, but it sounds like a painful process on this forum, and I'm not fully sure the warranty is worth it. I want to at least broaden my horizons a bit, cast a wider search net.

- OnlyUsedTesla is great in theory. It's not as sortable and searchable as ev-cpo. And the private sale cars on there have some absolutely ridiculous prices compared to Tesla's site (though surely they're in better shape, too...). People rightfully think that their $108,000 unicorn bought only 3 years ago should still be worth $79,999, but I'm a man on a budget (and those same cars are usually at least $20k cheaper on ev-cpo).

- Tesla-info.com is worse than worthless. Virtually none of the third-party used listings on there are remotely accurate, which makes sorting for my preferred 85D completely impossible. They're never, ever listed accurately - how many P85s or even 60s do I have to wade through when I want to see 85Ds? Usually it's obvious by going to the dealer site which model it is (I know the dealers occasionally report it inaccurately, too), but the tesla-info aggregator still lists it wrong

- Large used websites like Cars.com and Autotrader seem to be the best bet so far for third parties, but again are prone to inaccurate listing by dealers (usually being listed as a P when it's not), and it's downright impossible to figure out whether a car has my desired rear-facing seats (unless they include a shot with the lift gate open so you can see the latches, which isn't all that common for some reason). Even calling dealerships usually doesn't answer the rear-facing seats question, because they're clueless about Teslas.

Is there any other site I'm missing? If you bought your Model S used, how did you find it?

I bought mine off if onlyused and it was at the right price and came with a CPO warranty. I cross shopped a variety of places to get a handle on used prices before pulling the trigger. My Excel sheet had about 30 cars on it comparing mileage, year, options, location, color, damage, Carfax results, battery size, price. It was out of necessity since there were basically no used Model S in Oklahoma.

I bought mine off if onlyused and it was at the right price and came with a CPO warranty. I cross shopped a variety of places to get a handle on used prices before pulling the trigger. My Excel sheet had about 30 cars on it comparing mileage, year, options, location, color, damage, Carfax results, battery size, price. It was out of necessity since there were basically no used Model S in Oklahoma.

What was that website.?