Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Site to give feedback to Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sfRonH

Model Y received 2022-May
Does anyone know of a site to provide Tesla with feedback, ideas, perceived problems? I read about using the Voice Commands such as "Feedback" but that doesn't seem to lend itself to detail. Here's what I read, "Say "Report", "Feedback", or "Bug report" followed by brief comments. Model 3 takes a snapshot of its systems, including your current location, vehicle diagnostic data, and screen captures of the touchscreen. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model 3."

I did this and I didn't have any apparent time for a "brief comment". I of course want to write my ideas in detail.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
But they dont, though (review feedback in that manner). Those bug reports stay in the car, and are basically log file pointers for if you take your car in for service.

The short answer to your question is, "There isnt one, Tesla is not interested in feedback in that particular manner". They do read various social media posts on various websites, like this one, but there is no actual place to "submit your idea to tesla", thats any better, or worse than posting it here, making your own youtube channel, or tweeting at Elon.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
The short answer to your question is, "There isnt one, Tesla is not interested in feedback in that particular manner". They do read various social media posts on various websites, like this one, but there is no actual place to "submit your idea to tesla", thats any better, or worse than posting it here, making your own youtube channel, or tweeting at Elon.
I wonder if Tesla even used any focus group to evaluate some specific components or features before going into full production?

One example would be the design of the Model Y towhitch cover, who is so difficult to remove without breaking some of the pins:

20220509_163240-jpg.813636

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Upvote 1
I've used this user generated and voted ideas site before.

Looks like they changed the format look and feel of the site but the idea is you can search for or submit ideas to Tesla and people can comment and vote on them.
That's an independent website with no affiliation with Tesla. I don't know, but I doubt that Tesla pays any attention to it.

Upvote 0
That's an independent website with no affiliation with Tesla. I don't know, but I doubt that Tesla pays any attention to it.
Agree with you. Tesla had user forums on their website back in the day and would work with local owner's clubs to get feedback but now there is only Elon and Twitter...as official as it gets. Every Tesla employee here and elsewhere is just lurking (can't officially say they represent Tesla)...but maybe getting ideas and taking them back to work. 😉

• Helpful
Reactions: sfRonH
Upvote 0
This is extremely frustrating and annoying. It's 2023 and a major company provides NO MECHANISM to send them feedback. I went through the official site -- surely there must be some way to contact them about my issue. Nope. I go through a short self-service issue bucketing process only to be shown a handful of existing documentation links with NO WAY to contact actual support. Terrible.

Upvote 0
This is extremely frustrating and annoying. It's 2023 and a major company provides NO MECHANISM to send them feedback. I went through the official site -- surely there must be some way to contact them about my issue. Nope. I go through a short self-service issue bucketing process only to be shown a handful of existing documentation links with NO WAY to contact actual support. Terrible.

This is already stated in this thread, but, as I said previously:

But they dont, though (review feedback in that manner). Those bug reports stay in the car, and are basically log file pointers for if you take your car in for service.

Upvote 0