Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Site Unavailable" screen from TMC - why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been following this forum for years now, and I recently moved to a new home only served by AT&T DSL service. Probably not coincidentally, I now am often greeted by the "Site temporarily unavailable" screen which indicates I've been blocked by some sort of security service that the forum uses. If I browse from my phone at the same time, I can access the site no problem. Anyone encountered this? It's very annoying. I'd post a screenshot, but it's not doing it now. It seems to be prone to this during the day and not in the evening. I never saw this with my old ISP.

Are you seeing that issue with any other websites?
No I haven’t. A difference I just noticed is the IP address it says I’m browsing from is an IPV6 address whereas I used to be assigned an IPV4 address. Here is the message text (I’m leaving out the animated robot and I also concealed my actual IP address):

OOPS!!

Looks like Tesla Motors Club is temporarily unavailable. Please wait a
few seconds and try again.

Details:
Access denied

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online
attacks.

Ray ID: 692700baac955349
Timestamp: 2021-09-21 23:16:43 UTC
Your IP address: xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx
Requested URL: teslamotorsclub.com/2021/09/21/report-ntsb-chair-
criticizes-teslas-full-self-driving-syste/
Error reference number: 1020
Server ID: FL_12F868
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:88.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0

Reactions: Magstauk
Several times today, I have gotten an OOPS message with a robot that falls over and a notice saying something to the effect that I am being blocked because the site thinks I might be a bad actor. The only way it gets fixed is if I reboot my ipad and pick a different VPN gateway; manually selecting a different gateway w/o rebooting doesn’t work. Any ideas why this is occurring? I use PIA VPN service and I’m routing through US gateways.

Thanks.

Getting the same thing on Google Chrome for some reason and only on my mobile devices. Safari works though
298330E3-0224-438D-8180-36FCA74D09F6.jpeg

Several times today, I have gotten an OOPS message with a robot that falls over and a notice saying something to the effect that I am being blocked because the site thinks I might be a bad actor. The only way it gets fixed is if I reboot my ipad and pick a different VPN gateway; manually selecting a different gateway w/o rebooting doesn’t work. Any ideas why this is occurring? I use PIA VPN service and I’m routing through US gateways.

Thanks.
I’m the same. iPad using chrome. Works fine on the same iPad, same connection through safari. its also now introduced a captcha of some sort where you need to pick pictures of trucks. that doesn’t work either.