Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Six-month old mid-range getting only 248 miles at 100% charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NedH

Feb 27, 2019
GA
My six-month old mid-range is getting only 248 miles at 100% charge. First month was getting 264 miles. 2nd month 261, 3rd month 256, and so on.
I've let car discharge to below 20% several times but doesn't help.

I guess I need to schedule an appointment with service.

Anyone else seeing this range deterioration with mid-range?

I have a 12/18 build 3MR with about 7K miles on it. I still get a full 264 mile range. I charge it every night to 70 - 80% depending how I will use it the next day. I charge to 100% once a month (and start discharging it within an hour of reaching that SOC) and discharge to <20% once a month. So far this strategy seems to be working for me. Absolutely love this car and more importantly, my wife likes it even better than that!

Ditto OP. Feb 2019 delivery of my MR. had 264 miles. 100% charge was 264. Today it is 250. Have a little over 10K miles (long daily commute; one road trip of about 500 miles).

Did same thing re: allowing SOC to drop to <20% and charge to 100% a handful of times. No effect thus far. Have service appointment tomorrow for another reason. Will ask them about it.