Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Six Seater with Center Console - Pics!

Seattle Tom

Mar 31, 2016
Seattle, WA
Got it today. It's a beauty. One seal issue on driver side window, but otherwise looking good!!!

I took some pics and did some measurements to help others. I really like the center console so far!

It's a little hard to see but the first pic with the tape measure is how much room exists between the center console and the rear seats (12 inches).

The second tape measure is how much room exists between the front console and the second row center console (18 inches).

Attachments

• IMG_1602.JPG
    IMG_1602.JPG
    308.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1604.JPG
    IMG_1604.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 145

INVIS

May 9, 2017
London
How's the seating in the third row with the center console? From your picture, it doesn't seem like any normal size adult would sit there comfortably.

If you would choose it again, would you still stick with the center console?

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger

Seattle Tom

Mar 31, 2016
Seattle, WA
Normal size adult for a short trip, yes. Long trip, heck no.

My wife is 5'5" and she immediately said " there's plenty of room." I climbed back there (I'm 5'11") and couldn't sit comfortably, even with cut outs, for more than an hour I'd say. One person back there could stretch out a little diaganolly, but two adults? I would say nothing but a 10 minute drive.

The cut outs below the console do help provide some more room.

For me, I absolutely would do it again. We have fewer than four in the car 99% of the time so the two row captains chairs are perfect. The rear two seats are for emergencies only.

• Informative
Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer

ALLMYNE

Mar 21, 2016
Charlotte
Sure hope one day soon Tesla will offer this as a retrofit on previous X's
Any idea with past situations like the front console, how long before it is offered as a retrofit?

Jrogville

Dec 7, 2016
High Springs, Florida
Sure hope one day soon Tesla will offer this as a retrofit on previous X's
Any idea with past situations like the front console, how long before it is offered as a retrofit?
I think there's a better shot with this than the HEPA filters, because it doesn't hurt them financially if they offer it. They would just charge more that the factory order to make it worth their while with the local service install. They just need to figure out how to attach it.

Nerdy_Engineer

Brett - The Nerdy Engineer
Sep 22, 2016
Colorado
I don't see any AC vents on that console. I thought the reason why it wasn't available as a retrofit was because there were AC vents in it. Thanks for the pics! I'm glad that they tried to give as much foot room at the base of it as possible. Congrats on your new Model X!

Seattle Tom

Mar 31, 2016
Seattle, WA
I don't see any AC vents on that console. I thought the reason why it wasn't available as a retrofit was because there were AC vents in it. Thanks for the pics! I'm glad that they tried to give as much foot room at the base of it as possible. Congrats on your new Model X!

Confirmed there are no AC vents. Doesn't help explain why this can't be a retrofit but that's clearly not the reason.

And thanks much! I love it so far. Most important news...I just took a night drive and NO GHOSTING! Huzzah!

travwill

May 1, 2015
Marble Falls, TX
Nice, like it a lot. Yet another set/configuration of floor mats is needed now hehehe - sheesh! I like the 6 seater but going to maybe wait until future generation and see if they make the seats a little wider/more comfortable versus thin and just having removed the middle again.

-T

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC