TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Six to 10 week wait for order, close to which #?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Biscuitman, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Biscuitman

Biscuitman Member

What has people experience been? I am 4 weeks in and no VIN and no communication as I wait for my AWD LR. Is this typical or what?

2. pcons

pcons M3 AWD+

No communication until you have a vin is typical. Not that I'm knocking you, but I still chuckle when I see people worried about waiting 4 weeks with no communication. Many of us waited 3-4 months just a year ago :)

Best advice I can give is to try and be patient. You used to be able to call tesla for an update but had to wait in hold for a long time. One tip is to try calling first thing in the morning literally right when the lines open (at 830 I believe). I only had a 10-15 min wait then, but also the person on the line can't push things through, just maybe give you an update. Delivery will be when it will be, and it will be worth the 'wait' when you finally get the car.

Until then, get set with winter tires, mats, centre console wrap, and any other accessories you might want.

3. pcons

pcons M3 AWD+

Realize I didn't really answer the question in the title....in general expect tesla to hit the model of the range they give you. So I would plan for 8 weeks....

• Like x 1
  4. zhaot92

zhaot92 New Member

Try using the "Tesla vin finder" extension in google chrome, sometimes you have it but does not show
    I waited 7 weeks for the car, ordered on oct 5th

• Like x 1
  5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

You will probably not hear anything until the car arrives on the lot, a few days before you pick it up

• Like x 1
  6. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

Eight weeks was the average during the surge a year ago. I imagine they have some sense of clockwork/organization at delivering to North America market. Get your garage ready and watch youtube videos until you get the email/call :)

• Like x 1