TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sixteen Pistons Successfully Removed from the Garage

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by lolachampcar, Sep 2, 2013.

1. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

My wife and my car were good for six pistons each while the bike was another four pistons. All that remains is the generator (South Florida hurricane thing) which, by definition, needs its pistons :)

Attached Files:

2. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Me too. Removed six plus four, another two for lawn mowers, one for a chain saw, another for a roto-tiller, one more for the weed whacker, and four more for an ancient Massey Harris.* Still have one for the little Honda generator.

Added 24 plus 85 kWh.

(*Moved from 10 acres to a "they do it all" rental.)

Attached Files:

3. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

I only removed 8 (sold my f150 for my MSP85)

How do you like the Zero? I'm converting a Ninja 500 and an R6 right now.

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I still own way too many pistons, but as Bill mentioned, 10+ acres usually requires them. I didn't replace any pistons, just added to the collection. Swapped my old retired Suburban (old passenger use vehicle) for the same year old pick-em-up truck (farm use). As much as I like the Model S, the bed of a truck that doesn't share the same air as the driver is the best place for beehive equipment sticky with propolis, dripping with honey, and surrounded by bees unhappy you're stealing their food.

Can't wait for the John Deere E4000 series either (note: nothing I'm aware of in the works, just made that up). :) You know, come to think of it, replacing those big front ballast weights with batteries... might not be too bad of an idea!

5. rlang59

rlang59 Member

I'd be interested in hearing more about this conversion you are doing.