Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Size comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He said during the launch that they didn't "cheat" any of the dimensions which means nothing is larger in terms of wheel base or what not to gain higher towing numbers and that all dimensions were the same or smaller than an F150 so that should tell you about it's dimensions.

Reactions: Big Earl
From Teslarati: Spanning 231.7 inches long, 79.9 inches wide, and 75.0 inches tall...

So the closest in comparison to l/w/h is the F150 SuperCrew with the 5.5' box, which measures in at 231.9 inches long, 79.9 inches wide, and 77.2 inches height.

So they got a 6.5' box truck in the same footprint (a bit smaller actually) as a 5.5' box truck.
Something I was thinking they'd do but it looks like such a behemoth in the pictures so I wasn't sure. This confirms it. Brilliant.

About 6 inches of that difference is the bumper. The other 6 inches of length are in the 2nd row of seats. Trucks are longer than they were a decade ago because of the overly spacious 2nd row.

tesla_cybertruck_36.jpg

2019-Ford-F-150-Interior.jpg

Thanks for the post providing numbers. Let me see if I’ve got this right. Numbers in inches:

Vehicle ————————————— Length — Width — Height — Bed — Seating

Cybertruck —————————————231.7 —— 79.9 —- 75.0 —— 78 —- 6

Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew ——-— 243.7 —— 79.9 —- 77.3 —— 78 —-- 6

Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew ——-— 231.9 —— 79.9 —- 77.3 —— 66 —-- 6

It appears to me that Tesla was able to increase the bed length by one foot compared to an F-150 of the same length because the Cybertruck has no protruding bumpers and doesn’t require as much space at the front since there is no ICE.

I measured in my garage, and it would fit width-wise no problem. Length is an issue, though, as I'd only have a foot of wiggle room. I wouldn't be able to open the tailgate.
Been there before. Many years ago I asked if I could take it home to fit in the garage, it fit, i drove it back and bought it. lol
( I went from an ext cab to a supercrew at the time)

It's rare to find a garage that isn't at least 20 feet (240 inches) long so you should just be able to get the garage door to close, though if the door from the house opens into that 20 feet you may have to get creative. Many garages are 22 ft long, obviously better.

It's rare to find a garage that isn't at least 20 feet (240 inches) long so you should just be able to get the garage door to close, though if the door from the house opens into that 20 feet you may have to get creative. Many garages are 22 ft long, obviously better.

Unless you have a weird garage like mine! Although the garage is, I believe close to 22 feet at it's longest point, I can barely get the Model S in with enough extra room to squeeze myself in between the closed garage door and the back bumper of the car (maybe 12-14"). Unfortunately I have the furnace and the place where the hot water tank was and some other stuff the previous owner added to the garage in kind of the back center of the garage. Also the garage-to-house wall isn't square - it's diagonal so the depth isn't' consistent. All of this combines to cut my usable depth (as far as parking cars, anyhow) by over 6 feet. Since the S and our midsize SUV barely fit, no chance for a full size truck without some significant structural engineering and equipment/pipe/electrical relocation.

Well most two car garages are a standard issue 18x20 or 20x22 or 22x22, sometimes up to 24, you are definitely in the minority. Some people who have their water heaters in the garage may have to make some modifications (my next water heater will be an in-line). But this would be the case for any full-sized truck.