TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Size of the NEMA 14-50 plug

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by EugeneM, May 13, 2015.

1. EugeneM

EugeneM Member

Could someone please measure and post the diameter of the NEMA 14-50 plug that comes wit the car?

I am preparing for the arrival of my 70D and installing the outlet. Some of the outlet casings seem to be pretty small so I want to make sure the plug fits.

Thank you!

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Receptacle face cut-out is 2" round, typically installed in a 4-inch square or double-gang deep box. Don't install in a single-gang (1-wide) outlet box, it will violate fill rules when you add receptacle plus wires.

3. EugeneM

EugeneM Member

I do not know what any of this means :) but the electrician doing the install is licensed so I am sure it's going to be up to code. There's going to be a separate breaker box and a separate outlet enclosure (weatherproof since it's going to be installed outside).

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Ok, no worries... just ensure he installs a 50 amp RV outlet and you'll be fine.