Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Size of wheel spacers on staggered turbines?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6D7BBE2F-FBCA-47AA-B855-457D28C0A77A.jpeg
I’m having trouble getting 20mm spacers from Motorsport-tech to for correctly on the rear with 21 arachnids. I’m a little baffled as I haven’t seen anyone else suggest they have had an issue.

The wheels have two deep channels and 3 shallow ones. As you can see in the photo, the three shallow channels are preventing the wheel from seating cleanly against the spacers. This creates an immediate unbalanced wheel rotation.

Am I doing something wrong here?

View attachment 299235 I’m having trouble getting 20mm spacers from Motorsport-tech to for correctly on the rear with 21 arachnids. I’m a little baffled as I haven’t seen anyone else suggest they have had an issue.

The wheels have two deep channels and 3 shallow ones. As you can see in the photo, the three shallow channels are preventing the wheel from seating cleanly against the spacers. This creates an immediate unbalanced wheel rotation.

Looks like you have two options for a solution here:
  1. Drill the three areas of contact on the hub of your wheel so you have clearance.
  2. Grind the tapered area on the OEM threads so you have clearance for the hub.
I would recommend option 2 to preserve the integrity of the Arachnid wheel. :cool:

Yes, not thrilled with grinding either but agree those are the options.

What I’d like to know is if my arachnids are irregular in terms of these deep and shallow channels. I don’t hear anyone else struggling with the fitment. Then again, might not be something people want to talk about ?!?

just installed 20mm spacers all around yesterday. had to cut the guide post off three studs on each wheel to accommodate the spacers as OP noted the arachnids have 3 shallow and 2 deep recessed on each wheel. quick and easy with a dremel and cutting wheel. no threads are removed in the process, so it doesn't compromise integrity in any way.

drove 75 miles and rechecked torque of the nuts on the spacers, all were still at spec'd 129 torque . i have a p100d and did several launches to stress them as well.

very happy with the stance.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5a5e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_5a5e.jpeg
    589.5 KB · Views: 410
just installed 20mm spacers all around yesterday. had to cut the guide post off three studs on each wheel to accommodate the spacers as OP noted the arachnids have 3 shallow and 2 deep recessed on each wheel. quick and easy with a dremel and cutting wheel. no threads are removed in the process, so it doesn't compromise integrity in any way.

drove 75 miles and rechecked torque of the nuts on the spacers, all were still at spec'd 129 torque . i have a p100d and did several launches to stress them as well.

Looks lovely that buddy :)

Reactions: Stirthepot
View attachment 299235 I’m having trouble getting 20mm spacers from Motorsport-tech to for correctly on the rear with 21 arachnids. I’m a little baffled as I haven’t seen anyone else suggest they have had an issue.

Did you have the same issue with the front also or just the rears?

Looks great, Can you post some pics from the side? I want to see how flush they are with your wheels. I don't know if I should get 20mm spacers front and rear or go 25 front and 20 rear.

Thanks in advance!

Looks great, Can you post some pics from the side? I want to see how flush they are with your wheels. I don't know if I should get 20mm spacers front and rear or go 25 front and 20 rear.

Thanks in advance!
here you go, hope this helps. you probably could fit 25, but i personally think the 20mm is fine.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5a62.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_5a62.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 409
  • fullsizeoutput_5a64.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_5a64.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 402
another q on this topic... i have a staggered setup on my p85, with 265's on the back.

i am putting on 275's in the coming weeks..

would a 10mm spacer on the back make any difference in the look of the ride? Can i just put 10mm on the back and leave the front stock?

- Tesla Model S 10mm Wheel Spacers by Adaptec Speedware

another q on this topic... i have a staggered setup on my p85, with 265's on the back.

i am putting on 275's in the coming weeks.. would a 10mm spacer on the back make any difference in the look of the ride? Can i just put 10mm on the back and leave the front stock?

- Tesla Model S 10mm Wheel Spacers by Adaptec Speedware

I run staggered Arachnids in the summer months and a 10mm spacer will push the wheels out almost flush with the fender. :cool: