Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Skabooshka's Model 3 Production Numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have been going on the gofundme site
Click here to support skabooshka defense fund organized by Lawrence Fossi
and pointing out they may be supporting domestic terrorism, may be legally culpable of supporting vehicular assault, conspiracy to commit vehicular assault, conspiracy to promoteproperty damage that could result in injury or death and do they really want to be involved in domestic terrorism
you take terrorists at their word. if the y say they want to hurt you believe it.
_its not a joking matter_, especially when it has occurred causing vehicles to avoid wrecks because of them
_it ain't no joke_
it's or can be deadly serious

The donation list is like the who's who of SeekingAlpha shorts...
william fleckenstein donated $1000
Bill Fleckenstein: Now Is The Time To Short Tesla (Podcast) - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

But this is fundamentally different than the doxing of Montana Skeptic, this is a guy who we have evidence that was physically acting to harm the company, not just someone who was spreading FUD that could possibly be covered by first amendment.
I don't know 1st amendment covers or not, but it is not ethical to write badly about your company's potential competitors without disclosing affiliation. He is/was working for an oil company.

I agree w/ respect to mocking. Mocking should be avoided or kept to a minimum. My posts on @skabooshka were not mocking (see @skabooshka thread). I posted a more informative doxx (by somone else) on @skabooshka, that provided further details on him and his online activities. This could be useful in providing other users further info about @skabooshka, which might aid Tesla and/or the community in their online and offline efforts in combating @skabooshka and other trolls (note how TMC discussions on the SEC case may have been fruitful to Tesla, as other TMC users have commented). I also posted info about a gofundme campaign for @skabooshka, which is also useful (as other TMC users have pointed out that there is now a grass roots movement to report and take down the gofundme page (since it may be supporting a user who has engaged in reckless, harmful, and criminal activities). Finally, I posted a link to a Verge article discussing the topic.

I don't see how any of my posts were mocking, nor how they were not potentially informative and useful.

Last time I posted the dox image about @Skabooshka, the mods on this forum deleted it and warned me that it was a violation of the rules. I guess now that it's documented in public court documents it should be ok?

I really doubt VW would be behind this, if they hired some troll without asking whether he has any relatives that ties back to them, it’s really a sloppy job. Could be someone wanting to shoot two birds with one stone.
But considering how sloppy they cheated in dieselgate, it’s not entirely out of possibility though.
But - companies don't directly hire trolls. They hoe a "PR firm" and give them money. They won't even directly tell them to hire trolls.

The shady PR company hires trolls, manufactures FUD etc. If caught, the company can feign ignorance.

In dieselgate, obviously VW had to do it themselves.They couldn't contract it out ;)

From Go Fund Me support.

(we shall see if supporting domestic terrorism is ok and doesn't violate TOS
vehicular assault, conspiracy to commit vehicular assault, destruction of private property that could result in injury or death, deliberately causing vehicle accidents )

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our Trust & Safety team will be investigating the page and taking appropriate action.

If you donated to this campaign or are the intended recipient of the money raised, please fill out the appropriate GoFundMe Guarantee claim form. If you know any donors or the intended recipient of this campaign, please ask that they also submit a claim or contact our team directly.

Claim forms for the GoFundMe Guarantee can be found here: www.gofundme.com/guarantee

Please note that:

1. We will be unable to disclose any details about our investigation.
2. Personal disputes will be ignored and should be settled outside of GoFundMe.
3. Your personal information will be kept confidential from the campaign organizer.

In addition to the report you have submitted to us, we encourage you to contact law enforcement officials in your area if you believe this user is committing fraud or breaking the law in any way.

Our team will reach out to you if we have any further questions.

If this is your campaign and you need assistance, please contact our support team here: www.gofundme.com/contact"

Attemptrd raming and reckless driving as well as distracted driving cause filming. Does not equal to freedom of expression, assembly or religion.

They just gave us a list of ppl that needs to be investigated.

The twitter handle 'AJack1122' directly incited the reckless driving as evidenced by our nameless tweeter:

Nafnlaus on Twitter

After the event 'AJack1122' deleted their tweet and instead wrote this, indicating a realization that they had overstepped the line:

Tesla Skeptic on Twitter

Attachments

• ajack1122.png
    ajack1122.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 95

I wouldn't be surprised if University of Michigan and the Woodrow Wilson Foundation were themselves surprised to learn of the illegality this guy has been up to instead of writing his dissertation.

"Fellows may undertake no more than six hours of paid work a week during the tenure of the Fellowship, and then only with the written permission of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation. " Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation | The Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship

Randeep Hothi | U-M LSA Asian Languages and Cultures

[email protected]

Dr. Mark Schlissel (@DrMarkSchlissel) | Twitter

For those wanting to “do something” about this, consider writing the University of Michigan Department of Asian Languages and Cultures and the National Science Foundation. Striking multiple people with car and trying to cause accidents on highways for political, ideological, or financial reasons is the definition of terrorism. Reputable organizations like U of M and NSF are likely to sever ties with this individual quickly.

Tesla is the most hated company in America both at a corporate and personal level.

I don’t think there is any basis for that claim. See for example:
Tesla Brand Ranking | All Brand Rankings where Tesla is listed!

Tesla ratings/rankings are a mixed bag, like most, showing up as #1 on some lists and dead last on others. But “most hated company”? Well, maybe by a small group of idiots. The rest working against Tesla likely have no personal beef at all, just a huge stake in the oil industry and/or the legacy auto manufacturers. That stake and bias will remain regardless of whether Tesla is incorporated in California or Nigeria.

But - companies don't directly hire trolls. They hoe a "PR firm" and give them money. They won't even directly tell them to hire trolls.

The shady PR company hires trolls, manufactures FUD etc. If caught, the company can feign ignorance.

In dieselgate, obviously VW had to do it themselves.They couldn't contract it out ;)

This is a proxy war fueled by dirty (fossil fuel) money and we’ll likely only realize the full extent after it's played out.

• Love
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
Strongly agree with all above, mocking of this guy is just OT.
But this is fundamentally different than the doxing of Montana Skeptic, this is a guy who we have evidence that was physically acting to harm the company, not just someone who was spreading FUD that could possibly be covered by first amendment.
I feel any new developments in legal actions against this guy, and reaction from TSLAQ crowd is relevant to TSLA, and should be discussed here.
One can also ask if it's wrong to doxx, period. Someone who is a rapist or murderer clearly should be and deserves to be doxxed. In fact, one can argue that there is a moral imperative that he/she be doxxed. And any website, TMC, Seeking Alpha, or any other site, who blocks such doxxing due to some unilateral anti-doxxing policy is clearly in the moral wrong. And there is likely a spectrum with grey areas. Here, in the case of @skabooshka, he engaged in clear reckless, harmful, and very likely criminal activities, as evidenced by the successful granting of a restraining order and the accompanying court documents. Tesla rightfully doxxed him as they needed to file a restraining order against him. Other sites that support the further dissemination of this doxxing, after the fact, I don't think is wrong. I don't think this is a grey area, like possibly the case of Montana Skeptic (who only engaged in speech activities-- though questionable as to its truth). In my opinion, TMC, Electrek, or other sites should not afford @skabooshka any anti-doxxing protection or privileges due to his willful and harmful physical acts.

One can also ask if it's wrong to doxx, period. Someone who is a rapist or murderer clearly should be and deserves to be doxxed. In fact, one can argue that there is a moral imperative that he/she be doxxed. And any website, TMC, Seeking Alpha, or any other site, who blocks such doxxing due to some unilateral anti-doxxing policy is clearly in the moral wrong. But there is likely a spectrum with grey areas.

Here, in the case of @skabooshka, he engaged in clear reckless, harmful, and very likely criminal activities, as evidenced by the successful granting of a restraining order and as evidenced by the accompanying court documents. Tesla rightfully doxxed him as they needed to file a restraining order against him. Other sites that support the further dissemination of this doxxing, after the fact, in my opinion is not wrong (see, for example, the Verge article linked by me in the @skabooshka thread).

I don't think this is a grey area, like possibly the case of Montana Skeptic (who only engaged in speech activities -- though questionable as to its truth). In my opinion, TMC, Electrek, or other sites should not afford @skabooshka any anti-doxxing protection or privileges due to his willful and harmful physical acts. On the contrary, it is in the public interest that his identity be made public to prevent further harm and violence.

Last edited:
I think a reminder of skabooshka's past shenanigans is in order given his latest activities.

It appears he is escalating his efforts to harm Tesla to avoid losing money on his short, but this is not the first time he crossed the line:

Keep in mind that this is the short seller who at the end of Q2 falsely claimed Tesla had stopped producing S and X in order to get to 5K/week Model 3:

skabooshka‏ @skabooshka Jun 26
$TSLA is now only producing model 3s - no S/X. This is what it takes to produce model 3s in quantity. And this rate of production cannot be sustained.

23 replies20 retweets102 likes

Show this thread

On June 29 he doubled down on this and retweeted a post claiming that Tesla had a max production capacity of 5K/week for S/X and 3, implying no S and X could be produced to get to 5K/week Model 3.

This was contradicted two days later by an internal email from Elon confirming 5K/week Model 3 and 2K/week S/X had been produced in the last week of June. Tesla reaches Model 3 production milestone and record 7,000-car week total production, says Elon Musk

After he was outed as a liar, he didn't contradict Tesla's claims re the S and X, and instead had the nerve to claim that his S/X numbers, "which he had neglected to post" were also accurate,

skabooshka‏ @skabooshka Jul 1
I believe these numbers have been proven to be accurate, corroborated by Reuters reporting that the 5k number was nearly achieved, but only actually achieved about 5 hours after EoQ. My S/X numbers, which I neglected to post, were also accurate.

3 replies1 retweet12 likes​

This guy is totally untrustworthy, a proven liar from his own twitter account.

Even if on some days his estimates are reasonably accurate, they will become inaccurate whenever it is in his interest as a short seller for them to be. This week, for example, would be a great time for him to lie about the numbers going into the Q2 report.

I give zero credence to his numbers.

Edit: I see @TSLA_Hopeful made the same point in the Market Action thread, linked above.

Hopefully useful for people to see it spelled out here as well since some still seem to be giving his numbers credence when he is obviously a liar.

I think sugarcoating this is a mistake.

I encourage you to take another look at the tweets discussed below.
  • On June 26, skabooshka stated: "$TSLA is now only producing model 3s - no S/X. This is what it takes to produce model 3s in quantity. And this rate of production cannot be sustained."
    • This was a lie.
  • On June 29 he doubled down on this and retweeted a post claiming that Tesla had a max production capacity of 5K/week for S/X and 3.
  • He stopped reporting S/X production during the last week of June, reinforcing the appearance that S/X production had stopped that week.
  • On July 1, Elon emailed Tesla employees congratulating them on producing 5K Model 3 and 2K S/X in the final week.
  • On July 2, skabooshka stated that "My S/X numbers, which I neglected to post, were also accurate."
    • This statement confirms that skabooshka knew that his statements that Tesla stopped producing S/X in the final week was false.
    • He did not correct his false claims until Elon's July 1 email showed that his claims that S/X production had stopped were false.
I don't think there is any reasonable conclusion that can be drawn from this except he lied by claiming:
  • that S/X production had stopped in the last week of June;
  • maximum production of 3/S/X was 5K per week and,
  • by implication, that the maximum sustainable production of Model 3 was 3K per week (5K total - 2K S/X).
I give zero credence to his numbers after this stunt.

Last edited: