TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Skabooshka's Model 3 Production Numbers

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by bdy0627, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

I went to restaurant yesterday and the charming waitress and I got talking.

I asked how often she has rude and/or unpleasant customers and she said about 5% of the time so I asked how she dealt with that.

She said that she was especially nice to them and tried to have them leave happier than when they came in! She reckoned that they may been having a bad day and it was her 'duty' to make them happier.

Smother them with kindness instead...…….I was blown away and wondered if I could be so magnanimous!!

• Love x 2
  2. navguy12

navguy12 Member

FWIW: Whenever someone has been abrupt or rude with me, I give them the benefit of doubt.

They could have just been told thier mom/dad/sibling/SO has been diagnosed with a life changing/ending condition.

They could have been fired today.

They could have been served with divorce papers. ........

• Like x 1
  3. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

Exactly, I can't even imagine how upset I would be if I ever found out that someone close to me bought a vehicle that wasn't manufactured by Tesla. I have had nightmares for several nights now just thinking about this...

RT

• Funny x 1
  4. oneday

oneday Active Member

Skabooshka’s attorney:

“Respectfully request the court (1) continue the hearing [...] (2) schedule a long form evidentiary hearing with allowance of sufficient time for limited discovery”

It then goes on to site that Hothi is a “citizen journalist whose research and data have revealed discrepancies in claims Tesla made”.

Mentions he has been cited in newspapers. That Tesla does nefarious things to silence its critics. Cites Musk’s SEC lawsuit. Attaches a barrage of $TSLAQ talking points.

Says that the allegations are all false.

The discovery they said they intended to request was video from the Tesla car he followed. And video from on site security camera’s.

The hearing has been continued until May 21.

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/3xt7dv6u8/superior-court-of-california-county-of-alameda/tesla-inc-v-hothi

Dana Hull has also already written a Bloomberg piece about it.

• Informative x 3
  5. ZsoZso

ZsoZso Active Member

Haha, "citizen journalist", in perfect company with Dana Hull. People who try to ram their vehicle into others on purpose have been labeled as "terrorists" in other places ;)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. JohnDinger

JohnDinger Banned

If Tesla is right, then this should be simple: release the videos showing him interfering with the drive.

So why is skabooshka seeking the videos, then? Does he think they exonerate him?

If they do, this could backfire badly for Tesla...

• Like x 1
  7. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

On the other hand, Tesla wouldn't have filed in the first place if they didn't have him swerving on tape because they'd have known he'd be asking for the tape. One of the parties is bluffing. Roll the tape please!

8. schonelucht

Judge opens the door for discovery in the continuance hearing. Maybe not what Tesla was counting on.

9. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

This is for a restraining order. It is not an assault case. I'm not seeing the problem with Tesla providing video.

• Like x 1
  10. oneday

oneday Active Member

So I just looked at the Judges order regarding Skabooshka’s request. It looks like his continuance was granted but his request for discovery and long form evidentiary hearing was denied, kind of.

Here is the wording from the Judge’s order:
    “This case is a summary proceeding and there is normally no opportunity for discovery.
    Respondent’s scheduling requests and request for discovery may be agreed upon by the parties or addressed at the hearing.”

So I guess at the hearing they can argue more for discovery or if Tesla agrees to hand over the video.

• Informative x 2
  11. JohnDinger

JohnDinger Banned

I'm surprised that Tesla is still fighting this.

Police report is out. It says that Skabooshka did, in fact, hit someone with his car.

However, it says that it was at very slow speed, resulted in no injuries. The officer who wrote the report states that he believed it was completely unintentional.

The officer reviewed the security footage and is believed to have a copy.

Not a good starting position for Tesla.

12. Feathermerchan

If you accidentally hit someone with a car, couldn't you lose your license because you are incompetent to drive?

13. JohnDinger

JohnDinger Banned

No?

You're saying that, if you bump someone at 2mph, you should lose your license?

If you skateboard into another person, should you never be allowed to skateboard again?

14. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

So unintentionally hit a security guard while intentionally fleeing from the security guard after intentionally trespassing on private property, and you are talking about skateboarding? (which do not have brakes or the same ability to cause injury, nor the same licensing requirements, nor anything in common other than 4 wheels and being a mode of transportation)

Tesla is the plaintiff in the restraining order, they are not fighting anything.

• Like x 2
  15. Feathermerchan

If you unintentionally run into things like people with your car, yes that should be grounds for suspension or at least investigation. People expect those who drive to be able to control their car.

• Like x 1
  16. schonelucht

Not a good look for Tesla. Police report clearly talks about his car driving slowly, however the initial case application by Tesla says that he drove away ‘recklessly and quickly’. Especially bad because apparently there is video footage of the whole incident that Tesla must have reviewed as well.

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Any link to this report?
    It would not be the first time a witness to a near (actual) hit with a vehicle perceived the incident differently than video revealed it to be. If the report of contact between the car and the guard is accurate, then the car was being driven recklessly, even if it was slow. Regardless of absolute speed, it seems like it was more quickly than the guard could get out of the way.

Given the previous Gigafactory incident, Tesla not following the legal paths of protection open to them could open them to internally generated suits.
    Journalists Trespass, Assault Tesla employees at the Gigafactory

• Like x 3
  18. schonelucht

You find it here. Yes, I know the source is heavily biased. Still, on the balance I think it is more likely that the report contains the text than it does not (but it is also very likely that the citation is heavily biased). Both the guy who got hit and the officer reviewing the footage afterwards agreed that it happened unintentionally.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  19. winfield100

winfield100 Active Member

vivant traveler, northern hemisphere, bangladesh
    I’m trying to understand the difference between hitting someone with a car driving slowly or rapidly.
    (I’ve driven abt 1.3 - 1.4 million miles in 56+ years)
    The driver still hit a pedestrian, in _california_ where pedestrians have right of way, but “more so”
    while trespassing??
    Then tried to flee the scene??

The driver struck a pedestrian!
    Hearing is today
    Lawrence has an “update”

Click here to support skabooshka defense fund organized by Lawrence Fossi

It will be interesting to hear court case for summary

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  20. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Well that is whole mess of inconstancy.
    Tesla report: James tapped on window, got hit, gave verbal trespass warning while car was at stop sign.

Police report is second hand from the officer on site six days after the event, third hand from James
    Police report: : James was speaking to an individual followed by James was approaching car when it left the stall and contacted him

Glad it wasn't vehicular assult, but that doesn't change the overall issue of trespassing and unsafe behavior.

Thought I submitted the above post yesterday...

So I'll add to it:

Fossi's update:
    If one follows the provided in update link to the court document site, the petition and granting of the TRO all occurred the same day. Given one of the incidents occured when attempting to communicate with Ska. I just go "huh?"