Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Skagit, Island, Whatcom, and Snohomish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I live in Skagit County, Wa. I'm not seeing a whole lot of Tesla vehicles here. No surprise.
Anybody have any ideas how I can "contact" other owners. Even the nearest dealer is
about 1/2 hour from here in Lynnwood (if the traffic is good). Any ideas how I might
'start a group' (to share info)? No, I am not on Facebook nor any other of the social
media.
- Jim in Burlington, Wa. Model X

Reactions: IdaX
"Tesla Owners Washington" covers the whole state, but has chapters - your county is in the "Puget Sound Chapter".

What else...well, you could join the Seattle EV Association - despite the name, it really covers the whole state. But that sounds a little broad for you in terms of both geography and brand.

Um...you could put up signs at the Burlington Supercharger?

"Tesla Owners Washington" covers the whole state, but has chapters - your county is in the "Puget Sound Chapter".

What else...well, you could join the Seattle EV Association - despite the name, it really covers the whole state. But that sounds a little broad for you in terms of both geography and brand.

Um...you could put up signs at the Burlington Supercharger?

That link doesn't always work (depends on the device) Theresa is asking people to use and share the updated link: Tesla Owners Washington - TOWA Home

• Helpful
Reactions: ChadS
Genie,
Since getting my MX in July I've "had my eyes and ears out" and haven't seen another
Tesla here in Skagit County since! The closest I've come to that was at the TOWA Charger
Chat in Arlington - just 30 minutes away. Almost all of the people that day who worked at
Boeing in Everett (no surprise). I've actually put less than a thousand miles on the car
since bringing it home. And now, over a month later, I'm still waiting to get the 220v
garage charger installed. The local supercharger is not located where I could "drive by
and see if it is in use at all" ... :-{ *Sigh* but as I've already speculated I don't expect
that location to be a place to meet other Skagit County owners. We have a house guess
now who is one of the earliest owners - they took delivery direct from the factory in
Fremont, Ca. before there was any other place to get one (dealers not set up yet).
The PACCAR facility may not be "fun to drive" since it is set up for trucks ... and it is a
simple loop (probably level as well). I took a motorcycle performance riding course at
Laguna Seca a LONG time ago - now that would be a place that the Tesla would be
fun! I haven't lived in the PNW (this time) long enough to find out where the 'good
race track is' ... probably somewhere down around Seattle.
- Jim

Genie,
Since getting my MX in July I've "had my eyes and ears out" and haven't seen another
Tesla here in Skagit County since! The closest I've come to that was at the TOWA Charger
Chat in Arlington - just 30 minutes away. Almost all of the people that day who worked at
Boeing in Everett (no surprise). I've actually put less than a thousand miles on the car
since bringing it home. And now, over a month later, I'm still waiting to get the 220v
garage charger installed. The local supercharger is not located where I could "drive by
and see if it is in use at all" ... :-{ *Sigh* but as I've already speculated I don't expect
that location to be a place to meet other Skagit County owners. We have a house guess
now who is one of the earliest owners - they took delivery direct from the factory in
Fremont, Ca. before there was any other place to get one (dealers not set up yet).
The PACCAR facility may not be "fun to drive" since it is set up for trucks ... and it is a
simple loop (probably level as well). I took a motorcycle performance riding course at
Laguna Seca a LONG time ago - now that would be a place that the Tesla would be
fun! I haven't lived in the PNW (this time) long enough to find out where the 'good
race track is' ... probably somewhere down around Seattle.
- Jim
A web search produced a couple of interesting courses - in Kent and Shelton. Someday soon? - Jim

My father is in Bellingham and also has a Model X, although he isn't the most social person and doesn't seem very interested in Tesla meet-ups.

I might be moving Skagit or Whatcom counties in the coming months depending on a number of factors. Currently looking in the La Connor and Anacortes areas. If that happens, I'm all about attending meet-ups and doing group drives with other Tesla owners. I prefer mountain roads to race tracks.

Jim, I was just through there Friday and as always there were lots of Teslas on all 3 roads-I5, 20, and 525. More MS than before, I love the lines on those.
cant say I’ve seen them on B‘Boulevard though.
you might check the costco lot and find owners near their cars to ask.

My father is in Bellingham and also has a Model X, although he isn't the most social person and doesn't seem very interested in Tesla meet-ups.

I might be moving Skagit or Whatcom counties in the coming months depending on a number of factors. Currently looking in the La Connor and Anacortes areas. If that happens, I'm all about attending meet-ups and doing group drives with other Tesla owners. I prefer mountain roads to race tracks.
You‘ll have great access to the North Cascades Highway SR20 for some gorgeous mountain driving. I’m curious how far an MX could make it before having turn back, Diablo maybe? Or maybe make it much further, I still need to experience the range loss once you get above the foothills.

You‘ll have great access to the North Cascades Highway SR20 for some gorgeous mountain driving. I’m curious how far an MX could make it before having turn back, Diablo maybe? Or maybe make it much further, I still need to experience the range loss once you get above the foothills.

X 75D can make it to Diablo and back from Burlington, no problem. You can also keep on going and charge at an L2 in Winthrop.

We did the Cascade Loop counter-clockwise a couple of years ago right after the Leavenworth Supercharger opened. There are quite a few high speed L2 charging options thanks to Plug-In North Central Washington… check PlugShare. You can also plot your route out on www.abetterrouteplanner.com and get a really accurate estimate of arrival state of charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Genie
I have an MX100D. It looks like I can leave Burlington, go over Hwy 20, and get all the way
to the Entiat supercharger before I would have to stop to charge - It's just over 200 miles.
Of course that means only one place to grab a meal while charging. Anybody stopped at
the Entiat Pub and Grub? I also think I can make it to Winthrop and back without charging
but I have yet to take any long trips where I'm 'testing the limits of the range'. - Jim

B
I have an MX100D. It looks like I can leave Burlington, go over Hwy 20, and get all the way
to the Entiat supercharger before I would have to stop to charge - It's just over 200 miles.
Of course that means only one place to grab a meal while charging. Anybody stopped at
the Entiat Pub and Grub? I also think I can make it to Winthrop and back without charging
but I have yet to take any long trips where I'm 'testing the limits of the range'. - Jim
I was going to say the same thing. Burlington to Entiat via North Cascades Highway should be doable in either direction in a long range Tesla. I'd want at least 300 rated miles to feel confident though so charge to near full!

Reactions: Genie
I've been over the North Cascades in my X a few years ago. Stayed overnight in Winthrop for a bicycling event. Charged it up at the J1772 EVSE at the Pine Near RV park that Jack with Plug-In NCW had put in (RIP Jack!). Then drove it all the way to Ellensburg (as this was pre-Entiat, Leavenworth, and Cle Elum times). Anyway, it's a lovely drive in an X! Quite fun actually.

I actually saw another MX100D on I-5 in Mt. Vernon yesterday (first one since we got ours in early
July).
Yes, I'm thinking of going over Wa 20 to see friends of ours who live on Lake Chelan in Manson. My
idea is to go all the way to Entiat, have a meal and "fill the tank", go visit our friends, and come
back over 20 (or perhaps US 2). The smoke has dissipated - better go now before there's another
fire. *G* And before they close 20 for the Winter.

===> I still would like to hear some reports on the restaurant that is "the only place in town in
Entiat".
- Jim

Well, this is coming to fruition. We close on a house in La Conner in a couple of weeks and move across the country shortly thereafter. :cool:

Reactions: Genie and bruce4000
Well, this is coming to fruition. We close on a house in La Conner in a couple of weeks and move across the country shortly thereafter. :cool:
Big Earl,
Don't know about how familiar you are with the area. There are some great 'back roads' (paved) here in Skagit, Whatcom, and Snohomish
counties. Don't know about what kind of driving you want to do ... "play time" or "cruising and enjoying". Some of the routes you should
check out are Chuckanut Drive, South Skagit Highway, Highway 20 East of Concrete, Highway 9 North of Sedro Woolley, most of the roads
on Whidbey, the Mountain Loop Highway (UNpaved and slow), Arlington to Darrington to Rockport, roads other than Hwy 2 that go up
into the Skykomish valley (Monroe to Duvall and beyond), etc., etc., etc.
When we want to meander - we find a river and follow it up into the Cascades ... and then come back down. The further South you get
(towards Seattle/Hwy 90) the more people there are ... but there are gems like Issaquah-Hobart Road that will often have slow traffic but
are beautiful drives anyway.
Further afield I really like driving on the Olympic Peninsula such as along the Hood Canal or out to the coast at Neah Bay, La Push, and
Kalaloch - if you've never seen Ruby Beach or the Hoh River Rain Forest or the Bogachiel area you are in for a treat! Every time I go to
the Olympic Peninsula I discover a new 'aspect' of it and think "this is the best!" ... until we turn another corner and discover a new Best.
If you like that sort of thing - there are a ton of great pubs in Skagit County.
- Jim in the PNW

Reactions: DSolie