TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Skunk odor

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Larry, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Larry

Larry Member

Ran over some skunk debris and my S is skunky. I've washed it twice with premium car wash and it's improved but not gone. Any ideas to eliminate the odor?
    Thanks
    Larry

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I can tell you what works on my dogs, but not sure I'd recommend it for the paint ... on the other hand, they don't lose fur and it DOES *deordorize* them better than anything else. I keep the ingredients together in one spot, ready to go & unfortunately have had to use it a few times (no, they seem to think it's fun to chase a skunk).

Mix together: 1 qt. hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and a few tablespoons of Dawn liquid soap (Dawn works better than other options). Mix with a little water and rinse the affected area. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.

3. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Local Vendor - SoCal

Most likely needs a proper undercarriage detail. Call around some shops and find a reputable place that can do this. Where in NorCal are you? A good shop is Auto Concierge...Bob Willis.

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Lemon juice does it.......get squeezing or buy a couple of bottles.

5. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

6. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I tried that once but my dog drooled all over the inside of my car! He said he would get it himself, but he didn't have thumbs!