Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Skyline Drive Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must have missed it being posted earlier but I was surprised to see that there is a charging station at the Byrd Visitor station at mile 51 of Skyline Drive. I didn't need the charger so I didn't use it but it appeared to be a J1772 and it wasn't on Plugshare. Anyone use it?

The 30A J-1772 charging station at the Byrd Visitor Center is on PlugShare and I've used it.

There is also a Tesla Connector and a J-1772 station at Skyland near mile 42. We used that one on Saturday. Be aware that the spaces at Skyland are not designated as reserved for EV charging only.

Skyland.jpg

I drove Skyline Drive Thursday, never saw anything on plugshare. I even looked while I was at the visitors center because the charger surprised me. I see the dot showing me and where I am but nothing. Then you post it's on plugshare, I look again, and there it is.

I'm just going to crawl back under my rock now.

Cellular service is weak up on the Skyline Drive and the data showing the PlugShare locations may not have populated on the App. That could explain why you see them now but not while you were on the mountain. :)

• Informative
Reactions: mrElbe