TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vendor Skyline Introduces the Best Accessory for Model Y & 3 Interior!

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by skyline, Sep 9, 2020.

1. skyline

skyline Vendor

#1 skyline, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    We are proud to release yet another unique and innovative product – the Skyline Console Insert with USB Hub!

This fits all Model 3 and Model Y vehicles! The insert is offered in two configurations to meet your specific needs: cup holder or storage tray.

1.png 2.png

3.png

Check out the video to see it in action!

Needless to say, this is beyond an ordinary tray. We started by 3D scanning the original console to ensure a perfect fit. We spent countless hours iterating the design, and created dozens of prototypes. We worked with Tesla car clubs, enthusiasts, and our Beta testers to make what we think is the best accessory on the market! Quite frankly, it just rocks! Below is just one example of our development process – refining concepts until every detail was perfect.

4.png

Both configurations include a premium USB Hub with 4 USB-A ports. You can easily connect your storage devices, charging cables and game controllers in a clean and integrated hub. In addition, a dedicated pocket for the J1772 charge adapter makes for an accessible storage location.

5.png

The Skyline console insert allows you to customize your interior for your specific needs! Depending on your preference, you can choose between an extra cupholder or a storage bin. The cupholder option is the perfect place for tall thermoses, blender bottles, and other large beverages that might otherwise block your armrest. The cupholder also includes a neat retention ring to prevent drinks from tipping and rattling.

6.png

On the other hand, the storage bin version offers a roomy 5.0 inch x 4.3 inch tray for your belongings. Choose between 2 different mat types – a standard felt mat or premium sticky pad. The sticky pad ensures your items don’t go flying by gripping practically all surfaces including keys, cards, Air-pod cases and even camera lenses. As the pad collects dust overtime you can simply remove it and rinse under water to make it perform like new anytime!

7.png

Lastly, depending on your preference and style you can choose either configuration in two different finishes! We offer a ruggedized electric texture finish or a glossy piano black finish.

8.png

Our Beta testers have had their console inserts for several weeks now, and they are loving it. Check out some of the Beta reviews on our site!

We hope you guys enjoy this new product as much as we enjoyed designing it for the community! We’re always here to answer any questions or entertain any ideas – don’t hesitate to reach out [email protected]

As usual, our awesome TMC friends get a special introductory discount, so use promo code TMCsave10 for 10% off!

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Y_NOT

Y_NOT Member

Wooahh this is nice!

3. skyline

skyline Vendor

We hope you guys love it - we made it for you!

4. GeezerSquid

GeezerSquid Member

Thanks for posting info and the coupon code. Ordered mine!!

5. tashtibet

tashtibet Member

when I replaced M3 with MY -all my problems with space is solved. MY has too much & bigger space for reading/sun glasses etc that I tossed away the 3D printed accessory.

6. LNL_HUTZ

LNL_HUTZ Member

Do all the USB ports handle data?

7. skyline

skyline Vendor

Yes, all ports support data!

8. mark95476

mark95476 Member

(Uh oh, maybe I should cancel the Jeda Hub I have on order)

The pocket for the J1772 adapter is genius!! :)

• Like x 2
  9. imola.zhp

imola.zhp Member

Oh wow, we don't have our Y yet but coming from a BMW i3 with 3 cup holders the thought of losing one has been a concern, albeit a minor one. Will give this consideration after we take delivery.

10. steve841

steve841 Active Member

The only downside I see for this is for those of us who use external SSD's for sentry/music. Dang!

11. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Skyline makes quality products!;)

• Like x 1
  12. db93

db93 Member

Will the retail vers be flocked ?

13. Tuner4life

Tuner4life Member

Looks great!
    Will the existing after market console tray fit on top of it too?

• Like x 1
  14. skyline

skyline Vendor

It's especially great for taller cups & containers, which can be a bit awkward sticking up from the factory armrest cup holder location.

15. hyperspeedy

hyperspeedy Member

what is the diameter of the cup holder?

• Informative x 1
  16. skyline

skyline Vendor

In short this will fit XL beverages including Yeti Rambler Tumbler (30z). Most XL beverages have a smaller diameter to a certain height - our design accounts for this. The smallest diameter in our design is about 3.25in but again this is not a good indicator of what sizes will fit. We've ensured our design fits up to all common and popular XL beverages (fast foods, Dunkin etc...) It'd be a pretty good challenge to find what doesn't fit :)

17. Jabnlab

Jabnlab Member

I'm considering canceling my jeda hub order for this, it looks great

I think a t7 ssd would fit just fine in the tray

• Informative x 1
  18. Darweeezy

Darweeezy Member

What are the shipping times for this product? I might just have to cancel my Jeda hub order for this.

19. skyline

skyline Vendor

For California if you go with the UPS option 99% sure before next Friday.

20. skyline

skyline Vendor

There is a built in slot on the backside to support the routing of wires for drives placed under the insert. We'll get some images up of this soon,

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1