Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

slacker accidental thumbs down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how do you remove this, since they won't give you the login details? i've tried just telling slacker to play the song, but all it does is play the radio station based on the song (but won't actually play the song, i'm assuming because i accidentally hit thumbs down)...
If you hit the thumb button again, it will undo it. Due to licensing, Slacker won't play the same song twice in a 24-hour period, I've been told.

• Disagree
Reactions: TravMor
You can install the Slacker app on your smartphone or tablet, log into it with your Slacker account and passwoer and use the app to edit what songs you say you liked and disliked.
In the past, the tesla service centers were willing to give you the Slacker account and password unique to your car. Haven’t seen any reports lately if they still do this.

Tesla stopped giving out login info for Slacker for Model 3s.
I got my login/pass info for my S and X several months ago though.

Yes, once you hit the Thumbs Down button, the song immediately goes to the next song, so you are probably out of luck in hearing it again in the same channel.

Reactions: APotatoGod
how do you remove this, since they won't give you the login details? i've tried just telling slacker to play the song, but all it does is play the radio station based on the song (but won't actually play the song, i'm assuming because i accidentally hit thumbs down)...

If you use the microphone feature and ask for your model 3 to "play ____ by ____" it will find the song and play it. At that point you can give it a thumbs up again. I did this same thing by mistake and the only way to get it back was to wait until I can play it again. You might also be able to search for the song and give it a thumbs up that way. I have not tried this, but you should be able to manually search for it as well.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
If you use the microphone feature and ask for your model 3 to "play ____ by ____" it will find the song and play it. At that point you can give it a thumbs up again. I did this same thing by mistake and the only way to get it back was to wait until I can play it again. You might also be able to search for the song and give it a thumbs up that way. I have not tried this, but you should be able to manually search for it as well.

i can confirm that searching for it manually won't allow you to thumbs up it unless it actually plays. it shows up in the search results, but when i try to play it it will just play the radio station based on that song (while skipping the actual song). i'll try today at lunch, that would have been 24 hours since the last time i tried so hopefully it should work.

Reactions: APotatoGod