TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker account question (from soon to be MS owner)

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by preilly44, Nov 22, 2014.

1. preilly44

preilly44 Member

I have a strange question...I currently have a Slacker Premium ($9.99/month) account...will I be able to use the free Slacker service included with the new S when it arrives or will I have to create a new Slacker account? I'm curious because I was thinking about making play lists but if I won't be able to use my current account then I won't bother.

Thanks!

2. rpo

rpo Member

You will want to use Tesla's account since it has more features. Once you get the car, call ownership and get the user name and password, then you can use the same account on your computer, phone, etc.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

The Tesla account has "more" features?? If the Premium allows you to create your own play lists and such, that's more than I can do with my Tesla account.

To answer the question, you can use either account you wish in the car. There's a means of entering account login and password.

4. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

I'm pretty sure that the Slacker account that comes with Tesla is not as powerful as Slacker Premium (no lyrics, single artist stations or custom playlists).

5. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

You can definitely use your own account so you can access your playlists, among other things. You can't create or edit a playlist from the car, however.

6. rpo

rpo Member

I misread the OP when I replied earlier. I thought you were planning on using a free Slacker account in the Tesla. Yes, you can log in with whatever Slacker account you want including the premium account you have now. If you do not have much in the way of playlists set up with Slacker already, you may be able to get away with just the Tesla account. The feature set of the Tesla account is somewhere between free and premium, but there is not much if any difference when using Slacker in the car.

7. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

If you use your own premium account, do you hear the intros and commentary on those countdown or Artist DNA stations? I hear it on the website, even with a free login, but not in the car with the Tesla account.

8. preilly44

preilly44 Member

Thanks for all the responses. You have answered my question!

Patrick