Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Advice Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is 13mo old, have home Apple Music account and periodically use that in the car through my iPhone, don't want to invest in Spotify, so would like to just continue my free Slacker account. I've read recently that the Slacker account is only free for one year, so maybe everything I'm seeing is related. Anyhow.....

1. Just noticed in early December that there was a sign on request on my main screen for streaming. It gives the option of personal account, or Tesla log in. I hit the button for Tesla log in, Slacker appears to accept it and work, though I have no clue what may Tesla log in account is. After this, I still have a sign on option at the bottom of my Slacker screen, which I just ignore.

2. So Slacker appears to be working, I'm past my one year anniversary. I've already signed up to continue my premium interior options for $10/mo.

3. On my Slacker menu screens, I see now an option for two additional streams. One has a "thumbs up" on it and is called, "Favorites Radio". The other has a Tesla logo in it and is called "Owner Favorites". I don't recall seeing these before, but hey maybe they were always there?

4. So I've tried the "Owner Favorites", it plays only new crap music I've never heard before.

5. I've also tried the "thumbs up" station......that one seems to play maybe 70% of the songs that show a thumbs up that I've previously rated. But it also plays some songs I don't recall giving a thumbs up, and they show a thumbs up. Plus, it plays songs that have no thumbs up, so why are they playing?

So questions:
1. Is my free Slacker account really going to die and they make me pay for it? Has this been verified somehow? If so, why does mine still work?
2. What are these two new stations, and how are they supposed to work?

thanks ahead.....

On my Slacker menu screens, I see now an option for two additional streams. One has a "thumbs up" on it and is called, "Favorites Radio". The other has a Tesla logo in it and is called "Owner Favorites". I don't recall seeing these before, but hey maybe they were always there?

My car is 6 months old and I have these stations. I just noticed them this week, but I don’t really know when they appeared or if they have been there from the beginning. I have not tried using them yet.

I’ve had those new stations since new. Owners favorites is just a curated playlist of new songs. Ignore it if you want. Favorites is awesome. They do add some songs that are similar to your thumbed up even though they have not been thumbed up yet for the same reason you just cannot pick any song to play on demand (like you can with Spotify paid). Simply thumb them down and they will disappear never to be heard from again.

Streaming is included in the premium interior and connectivity, and you should never lose it if you maintain premium connectivity.

It sounds like yours is operating identically to the way mine has since new (10 months).

I’ve had those new stations since new. Owners favorites is just a curated playlist of new songs. Ignore it if you want. Favorites is awesome. They do add some songs that are similar to your thumbed up even though they have not been thumbed up yet for the same reason you just cannot pick any song to play on demand (like you can with Spotify paid). Simply thumb them down and they will disappear never to be heard from again.

Streaming is included in the premium interior and connectivity, and you should never lose it if you maintain premium connectivity.

It sounds like yours is operating identically to the way mine has since new (10 months).

thanks for the feedback, perfect, works for me!