Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker and Alexa??

LMichel

Sep 29, 2017
Rochester, NY
I realize I'm really asking to push the envelope here ...
It would seem as though Alexa and Slacker aren't friends? Of course Amazon Music competes with Slacker, but there are other areas of competition that don't keep Amazon from healthy 'coopetition'.

Has anybody had any success getting your MS created stations from being discoverable on Echo?
In other words; I request a song while driving. Slacker makes a station out of it. Wow, this is a really good station Slacker came up with.. I'd like to get that in the house as well.

Thoughts??

thimel

Feb 27, 2015
I’d like the same thing, but don’t believe it is presently possible. You can install the Slacker app on your mobile phone and log in with your Tesla credentials and listen to your stations.

morrisdl

Dec 4, 2017
Smith Mt Lake, VA
To further what thimel said; you can play your slacker station on your phone and connect the phone bluetooth to an Echo Speaker. Echos do not natively support Slacker Radio, probably because pandora has exclusive agreement. Echo also does not currently allow Bluetooth sources to play to echo groups (sync'd music across multiple echos). Slacker Radio support is one of the few areas where Google home and chromecast really beat out the Echos.

AcidTest

Apr 6, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Amazon has added a skill to Alexa for Slacker Radio. I quickly added it and connected my premium account. Nice! However, I have several custom stations on Slacker and so far Alexa isn't recognizing those when I try to play one. :(

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC