TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker Behavior for Last Few Days (2 May 2017)

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by cgiGuy, May 2, 2017.

1. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

Is anyone else noticing a lot of loading errors and poor performance from Slacker? Additionally, I'm finding that it will never play the song I ask for anymore, but instead plays others in that channel, similar to Pandora's approach.

This started recently for me and I haven't done any firmware updates in a while. Still on 8.0.
    I've rebooted multiple times (and usually have to almost every day to get music going at all).

2. azred

azred Member

Perhaps unrelated but: For the past few days, first thing in the day the big screen usually mysteriously loads the Internet browser instead of navigation even though I never use the slooooow Internet browser.

3. feslatan

feslatan Member

I've had loading problems on Slacker for the last couple days. I did about 6 weeks ago for a few days as well. I thought it was just my car, but it may be Slacker's issue.

4. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

#4 benjiejr, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Hey, hope you're doing well! Yeah, I've had Slacker problems recently too. Songs stop playing and show "Load Error" or something fairly often. I'd say this has been going on for a month or so for me and I've had a FW update during that period. It had problems before and after the update. Current FW is 17.14.35.

Edit: I've had 2 FW updates during this time but the issue remains.

5. hpartsch

hpartsch Member

I've also had similar issues recently.

6. siggyg

siggyg Member

Ditto. I haven't been able to play an actual requested song for the past week or so if memory serves me correctly.

7. Logan5

Logan5 Member

I've noticed some bugginess as well. Some of the things I've noticed is channels switching, some garbled music, buffering problems, and incorrect album art. I've tried rebooting but the symptoms reappear. It's not serious but just points to some underlying issue. I'm not sure if other aspects of the media system are affected.

8. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

Seems to have recovered. I was able to play several songs as "first play" when asking. No action on my part.. not even a reboot this time.