Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker buffering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I've searched and see the past posts on Slacker buffering, stuttering, freezing, pausing, skipping songs etc. but they all seem to be from a couple of years ago. I've had my car for 3 years and had zero problems with Slacker until the last few months. In the middle of a song, the small circle next the the "down thumb" just starts circling. Sometimes after a bit, the same song will start up again, other times it just skips to the next song. I've done a soft reboot with no improvement. If anyone has any insight, please share. I was just billed for my next quarterly Slacker and if it's them and not Tesla I might have to say PEACE OUT SLACKER!

Reactions: Jaybird
I've had that sporadically since I've had the car. I cannot relate it directly to a particular software update. Sometimes I need to switch to radio and come back to streaming for it to restart. Sometimes there's nothing I can do except wait a few minutes and it resumes. I think it's a network connectivity problem, not necessarily the streaming service itself.

I just had my car in the shop for a 12V battery replacement and listed this as an issue to have them look at. It's a "known issue" and they are working on it. I did learn a cool thing during that visit though. They recommend doing a "bug report" to flag the issue. Any time you have an issue with the car, you use the voice recognition and say "BUG REPORT" and then what ever is happening i.e. BUG REPORT MUSIC BUFFERING. Then you submit a service ticket through the app and they can see exactly when the problem occurred. He recommended doing it for any time this happens with Slacker to light a fire under Tesla to get it done.

Reactions: insaneoctane
This happens in my M3 and MY. The cell signal is always strong at 4-5 bars but it will periodically buffer for minutes at a time or until I switch to another Spotify play list, to the radio, or another streaming service. I've done soft reboots as well as had many software updates over the years I've had the car. I believe this has been a sporadic issue since I first got the car in December of 2019.