Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker channels randomly change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
In the last few weeks I have seen an issue where every once in a while after I get into my car the Slacker channel will have changed. I did not manually change the channel but it definitely was different than before. I think this is related to the most recent firmware update a few weeks ago that is also causing the gray tiles issue.

Anyone else see this?

Yes, similar, on a European P85D that we've just swapped for a P100D. We don't have Slacker in Europe (it's TuneIn instead) but that would occasionally go up one favourite channel, just as if you'd pressed the top button over the left-hand scroll wheel.
Service Centre replaced that button as it's cheap to try, but the fault was still there.
We noticed it was significantly worse if the mobile signal was weak.In our home country of Switzerland with good LTE it was rare but driving through Belgium with just a weak Edge mobile link it happened every minute or so and the radio was unusable.
My next guess would be the display, but as I said it's someone else's problem now. Haven't seen the problem on the new car - yet!

All of the favorites that I have set up are based on artists so it switches among them - from Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rush, Neil Young, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Gordon Lightfoot, etc. I haven't seen it yet switch to a station that I have not set up as a favorite - but I only listen to these "artist stations" I don't listen to genre stations like Classic Rock, 80s Pop, etc.