Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker custom stations aren't visible...???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3 only shows "Favorites", which are portable from computer to phone to car...but my custom station (set up on computer) isn't visible anywhere in the car....is there any way to get the car to add this to the Favorites list that does show up?
Slacker with custom stations to configure a deeper, more relevant set of criteria, is a pretty good driving music source...with just "stations" that you can "Favorite", just their single-genre or single-musician sources, it isn't nearly as good...

I upgraded to a Slacker Plus personal account to get the custom station option....but the car doesn't see the whole account.

In my old Model S, you could get the Tesla Slacker credentials and just edit the Tesla Slacker account on your computer...and custom stations do show up...but Tesla support doesn't have access to the Model 3 user ID/password info needed to do that...and the Model 3 seems only to show "Favorites"

I know I'm pulling up a really old thread here, but came accross this via search and wondering if OP ever got a solution or if anyone else has determined a solution? I have a personal slacker (or livexlive) paid account and have a handful of custom stations on there which I love. I logged into my slacker account on a model S a few months ago and was able to see/play my custom stations just fine. Just picked up my model 3 over the weekend but it doesn't seem to 'sync' with my personal slacker account nearly as well as the Model S did... The 'favorites' section seems a bit mish-mash of some very old stations I may have favorited at one point and some current stuff I have favorited, but none of my custom stations display there.

Is there a way to get to my Slacker/LiveXLive custom stations in the model 3, or is there a way to rebuild them from within the model3?

I did find a fix. And this thread comes from the same issue you had...when switching from an S to a 3. Tesla won't give out the Tesla login info, so you can't log in on a computer and set things up, and you have to go through the hack described in another thread, using a PC to load modified stations on your personal account that are visible ([Tip] How to access your custom Slacker stations on the car) to get your stations seen by the 3.
My recent issue turned out just to be that with a specific firmware upgrade my 3 lost touch with my account. All I had to do was log back into it, and login info can be found at the bottom of the Tesla Slacker page, just scroll all the way down.

thanks! that thread was indeed just what I needed. Must be bad, legacy database stuff both in Tesla and slacker to store 'favorites' in a place that is no longer used, but luckily that old app installed into bluestack worked just fine. I was able to log in, see my already-created stations and just play, hit '...' and 'add station to my music' just fine. Rebooted the Model 3 and just like that, my custom stations were visible and playable. This workaround has apparently been going for 3+ years already, so hopefully this old version of the app continues to work for a long while.