TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker custom stations not visible

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by jamnmon66, May 19, 2018.

1. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

I tried searching the threads and I didn't find any mention of this. I've been a Slacker user for several years so I was very happy when I heard that was one of the streaming options included in the 3. I have 16 custom stations in my Slacker account and not all of them are showing up in the media interface in the car. I've tried signing out of Slacker and back in. I just got the 18.3 firmware last night and there's no change. Any ideas?

2. Beagle

Beagle Member

Re: Slacker

jamnmon, I have tried to sign up for Slacker on the car, and can't find a way. Do I have to sign up on line and somehow get that account on the car?
    Thanx,

3. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

I'm not sure if you can sign up in the car or not. I'm a long-time Slacker user on my phone & computer. I've been signed up for several years. I'm guessing you need to sign up at slacker.com and then you can log-in. But, I've read somewhere (probably somewhere in this forum) that the car comes with 1 year of Slacker Premium which removes the ads. It's probably worth looking into that when you sign up to make sure you get that benefit (if I'm remembering that correctly).

4. Dugknight

Dugknight Member

If I create a station in the car, my Slacker phone app syncs and shows those; however, if I create the station on my phone, my car won’t pull those in for some reason. Not sure what the deal is with that.

5. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Member

Two items:

1) Slacker free is not supported in the car. It has to be one of the paid ones to use your personal account.
    2) For a custom station to show up in the car, it has to be added to "My Music" via the app or the web page.

--Carlos V.

6. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

Maybe I'll ma
    Thanks for the reply. I have a paid account & the stations that aren't showing up are my custom stations inside My Music. Some of my custom stations are showing up in the car but not all of them.