TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker Disappeared

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by solar powered, Apr 8, 2016.

1. solar powered

solar powered Member

Yesterday morning, I listened to Slacker on the way to work. Last nite, my screen said that a signal couldn't be detected so I switched to Tune In. This morning, the tab for Slacker doesn't even appear in the Browse\Internet tab. I vaguely remember Elon mentioning a long time ago that Tesla owners would have Slacker free for 4 years? I picked my car up on 6/15/13, so it hasn't been 4 years yet. Anyone else have this problem? I thought that I would check with our members before contacting the factory. Also, any suggestions as to who to contact? I haven't emailed anyone at Tesla for years and some of them may have moved on. Thanks guys!

2. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Have you tried a screen reset yet? I've had the problem before and after a reset it showed back up.

3. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

agree with sm4llz..reboot first. If still an issue, call the SC.

4. solar powered

solar powered Member

5. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

6. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

I was totally forgetting that there was a time limit on our Slacker that is included with the S. It's almost four years! :eek:

I purchased the premium before but let it lapse. For those that haven't tried it, basically you can create playlists and go back and forth on them which was kinda nice. You still have the issue of some songs are just not possible to get due to licensing issues, but overall was pretty cool to be able to make those lists from your home computer and it shows up on your car (may require restarting the console to refresh lists).

7. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

My car did a reboot on the center console this morning while I was driving to work.(all by itself) :confused: now my slacker is acting up.:( I get to listen to the beginning of a song and then silence until I Fast forward to the next song.:mad:

8. drtko147

drtko147 Member

You may have to do another reboot. I've had that happen to me before.

9. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

yep;)

10. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Anyone have issues playing songs off their iPhone/Bluetooth ? The album cover and song title comes up but its stuck on pause and I can't get the songs to play.

11. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Have had, but not recently. Here's what I did to fix mine. I had a USB flash drive with songs also plugged in, but was not using it. My issue was both with iPhone/BT and TuneIn/Slacker. I unplugged the flash drive and rebooted the dash. That fixed mine.

• Informative x 1