TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker - Does this happen to others?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jsaccio, Mar 21, 2015.

1. jsaccio

jsaccio Member

New MS and new to Slacker. I only use one channel I created in the car. I select "like" and "dislike" for each song I hear (I have used Pandora at home). No matter how many time I "dislike" a song from these three artists (Journey, Fleetwood Mac, AeroSmith) it keeps bringing up more of their songs. It happens so often it's actually funny. I realized that "dislike" only effects the song and not the artist but after three weeks in, it probably plays only about a dozen artists which includes those same three I don't want to hear.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Perhaps I need to skip the Tesla account and start a Radio Plus or Premium account...

2. andydoty

andydoty Member

My understanding, from what I've read, is that the "like" is not specific to the party that "liked" it. It is combined with the "likes" from all parties and that song moves higher on the list of songs to be played. Not sure if this is true.

3. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

You're disliking Journey? Who dislikes Journey? Your Tesla probably can't believe anyone would dislike Journey and is overriding your selection.

4. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Don't stop believin'.

5. jsaccio

jsaccio Member

should have seen that coming

6. Barry

Barry Member

And you thought you could have it Any Way You Want It...

7. iadbound

iadbound Member

Noooo --- he's trying to "Escape" from the "Journey"

8. ION eDRV

ION eDRV Member

+1....

9. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

In all seriousness though, I've found the "like/dislike" buttons on Slacker to do nothing. I have also disliked some artists over and over, but nothing ever changes.

10. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

The dislike button only gets rid of that particular song. Pandora uses a different approach.

11. eco5280

eco5280 Member

Like and Dislike are for songs, not artists. And only on that channel, meaning you can hear a disliked song on another Slacker channel. And only on that album, meaning they can have the same song in the database on two different albums ("Escape" and "Greatest Hits"). It's not a perfect system. But the FF button is right there...