Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker doesn't play on demand music after V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before V10, when I used a voice command such as "Play Tiny Dancer by Elton John", it would then play that song without any more intervention on my part. Now what it does is bring up the keyboard and behind that is a list of artists and albums that "match" that. Even then, there's no easy way to get to the song you just asked for. It just started happening after installing V10. Not sure if that caused it or it's just a coincidence and I unknowingly did something else.

Anybody else experience this or have a solution for it? Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo
Confirming the OP behavior with V10.

Hands-free requesting of a song (is, was) one of my favorite M3 features. I had probably a 95% hit rate with it. Really hope this functionality gets restored soon!

Not sure if adding a Spotify Premium account would be a workaround? Can a specific song be voice commanded with Spotify, without previously setting up a playlist for it, or similar?

Confirming the OP behavior with V10.

Hands-free requesting of a song (is, was) one of my favorite M3 features. I had probably a 95% hit rate with it. Really hope this functionality gets restored soon!

Not sure if adding a Spotify Premium account would be a workaround? Can a specific song be voice commanded with Spotify, without previously setting up a playlist for it, or similar?

No. Every voice command takes you to search now and you have to manually pick the song from the list if it finds it.

Reactions: mswlogo
I didn’t try it before and after logging in. I used it a few times before v10 and it worked like people are expecting with Slacker. (if they have the song) But I never tried it after getting v10 but before logging in to Spotify.

This is happening to me too, where it just brings up the "results" screen instead of playing the song... I don't have a Spotify account so it's just using Slacker still for me... Do we think this is a bug or is this a permanent change? REALLY hoping it's a bug... Being able to play a song directly with voice commands is one of my favorite features, even if the correct song only played about 65% of the time... I hate having to take my eyes off the road to pick a song from the touchscreen...