Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker domain expired?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you use for your home DNS? I long since changed mine to OpenDNS, but anything that isn't the default of your ISP will help prevent a lot of issues from crappy DNS setups by your ISP! (Comcast is notorious for bad DNS; I have FiOS, but it's still a good idea to change it if you are all tech savvy.)

I bet this would have had your wifi updated to the new Slacker cert a lot quicker!
Thanks,
Set to OpenDNS? Is this a setting in admin of router? (Same as what you refer to as what you referred to as “change your router to point elsewhere” in a subsequent post?)

You go into the admin settings for your router, and change the DNS settings to the DNS provider you want to use. Make a note of what's already there (for FiOS's) in case you ever want to change it back. I use OpenDNS, which has never failed me in many years of use (we also use it at work as a backup); they have a free service that is separate from anyone's commercial DNS: Cloud Delivered Enterprise Security by OpenDNS

The DNS servers you enter to use their service are: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
as it says at the bottom of their home page.

And, as for slacker, I'm not sure what they are doing. They may have renewed the slacker.com domain, but the wildcard cert on the www.slacker.com page (which I assume they use everywhere), expires in two weeks. Hope someone has *that* in a calendar to renew! :D

upload_2018-4-30_13-36-21.png

upload_2018-4-30_13-37-57.png