Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker drops favorite stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We quite frequently find that overnight, Slacker which we access via our Tesla account) has removed 1 or more of our favorite stations. We can favorite them again from our Recent list but it's a pain. We've tried several things to prevent it from happening but have not been successful. Has anyone found a solution?

We quite frequently find that overnight, Slacker which we access via our Tesla account) has removed 1 or more of our favorite stations. We can favorite them again from our Recent list but it's a pain. We've tried several things to prevent it from happening but have not been successful. Has anyone found a solution?
Yes, I see this problem frequently, probably every few days a Slacker Favorite goes missing. Luckily I can usually find the missing one in Recents, so I re-favorite it right away. But as you say it's a PITA because there's no easy way to manually sort the order of Favourites (without manually deleting and re-adding them in the desired order)

It's been happening to me for a long time, since at least some early version of v8, maybe even earlier. Like many other longstanding media player bugs, this one has been around and ignored by Tesla for a long time.

I cannot figure out any particular trigger that causes it, the problem seems to occur randomly - though it seems to only happen after parking the car for some period of time and then getting back in to drive (e.g. overnight or parked for a while). The only guaranteed thing about it is that a Slacker Favorite WILL go missing.

I've reported this to Tesla Service Center while in for other service work, but they claimed they could not reproduce the problem - even though they kept my car overnight - and they asked me to submit voice bug reports to record specific timestamps for further investigations - which I've done, many times - plus additionally emailed them with more info. Of course, zero further feedback from Tesla...

Note that during my service appointment, Tesla reset my trip odometers to clear memory and caches, in case that had anything to do with this (and other unrelated UI bugs I reported at the time), but that had no effect as the problem still occurs to this day