Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Favorite Stations keep disappear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on 2.36.108, and when I click on the star, the slacker station is added to my favorites. But at least once a day, all my changes and new favorites are wiped out and it rolls back to an old state.

I thought 2.42.40 would fix it esp. with all the USB and media center fixes, but it's still happening. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes, this happens to me, too. Seems that I lost some (not all) Favorites with the 8.0 update. Maybe my Slacker favs were lost, but my AM/FM presets remained. Since then I've added 5-6 Slacker/Streaming favorites and four of them have stuck. One more is now saved, but one keeps disappearing such that I have to go to Recent, go to that channel, save as a favorite again. (And repeat.) I have not looked into it since it's just a minor annoyance...

I know in 7.1 this was a problem when the right scroll wheel was set to media, and you'd click it. It 'd remove the favorites. I thought they got rid of the right scroll wheel media option in 8.0?

This happens to me too. Arbitrary favorites are missing every time I turn on the car. I have to go back to Recently Played to add them again. This seems at least partly correlated with the artwork for a particular favorite not being downloaded. The number and identity of unfavorited items varies. Very annoying.

Has anyone figured out the solution to this problem? All of my favorite stations were wiped out and I could only reset a few by switching over to recent.

The mobile app was not affected - only the car. I believe my favorites were erased after a software update yesterday. Pretty annoying.

Maybe link the phone using bluetooth?

Bumping this older thread. My Slacker favorites have been disappearing for a while now. Not sure exactly when but I got my 2014 P85 in May '16 and the problem has been around in some form since I started really using the Slacker capability a few months later.

Lately, the problem is only getting worse. My 2 top stations lose their "favorite star" within a couple of days or less, now. I've even had this happen literally as I put my finger on a station - it just disappeared! The only workaround is to scroll left to Recents and re-select the star again as Favorite. I've had some lesser used stations just disappear after not realizing for a few weeks that they had gone lost Favorite status.

Another recent oddity is some stations going "gray" - the icon just changes to solid gray, and the station no longer works at all but still shows up.

This is really aggravating. I have a USB drive with a ton of music but the interface is not what it should be so I've been using Slacker more in the past year. But Slacker has turned into a bugfest too. This is really disappointing.

Edit: A few things that I've done. None of these seem to have made any noticeable impact.

* Got a Premium account for a year and used that. No discernible difference in this respect.
* Logged in/out to my account or car account. Logged in to both on web browser to try to customize stations. (Could do more on my account than the car account.)
* Rebooted the MCU many times.

Bumping this older thread. My Slacker favorites have been disappearing for a while now. Not sure exactly when but I got my 2014 P85 in May '16 and the problem has been around in some form since I started really using the Slacker capability a few months later.

Lately, the problem is only getting worse. My 2 top stations lose their "favorite star" within a couple of days or less, now. I've even had this happen literally as I put my finger on a station - it just disappeared! The only workaround is to scroll left to Recents and re-select the star again as Favorite. I've had some lesser used stations just disappear after not realizing for a few weeks that they had gone lost Favorite status.

Another recent oddity is some stations going "gray" - the icon just changes to solid gray, and the station no longer works at all but still shows up.

This is really aggravating. I have a USB drive with a ton of music but the interface is not what it should be so I've been using Slacker more in the past year. But Slacker has turned into a bugfest too. This is really disappointing.

Edit: A few things that I've done. None of these seem to have made any noticeable impact.

* Got a Premium account for a year and used that. No discernible difference in this respect.
* Logged in/out to my account or car account. Logged in to both on web browser to try to customize stations. (Could do more on my account than the car account.)
* Rebooted the MCU many times.
I have the same problem, except I don't have a Premium account to try. I agree it's very annoying. I too have been using Slacker more often lately because of the numerous bugs and other annoyances in the USB media player that never get fixed.

Note that the right scroll wheel click that would toggle the favorite star in v7 is long gone, someone above mentioned that accidental cause. But now Slacker favorites will eventually be missing when I get in the car in the morning, all on their own without touching anything. I can't tell if there's a particular pattern, but it seems that a couple of my dozen or so favorites are more prone to disappear than others. Each time I re-favorite them, they'll eventually disappear again on their own.

Seriously, how hard should it be to write software that will remember the state of bit??

Reactions: AcidTest
I have the same issue with TuneIn Radio. I created an account and set up Favorites on a desktop browser. Then I logged into the account on the Model S.

When I first tried this, after a few minutes "Favorites" appeared on the left, and it showed my Favorites sorting folders. Then a little while later, it disappeared and I had no favorites.

Logging out and back in to TuneIn, rebooting, none of that has brought back any favorites.

Using the entertainment system for streaming audio is frankly a waste right now. I've settled for using the TuneIn app on my phone and use Bluetooth audio. It's really not worth paying for the extra LTE bandwidth after my first year's usage.

update: I was out of town for a week. Before I left, I made sure all my Slacker favorites were there (and in my preferred order).

No surprise, but when I got in my car today after 7 days being parked, 4 of my Slacker favorites were missing. This is consistent bug-behavior, since one or two seem to go missing on average every couple days.

Luckily the missing ones were in Recents, because every time some go missing I have to play the stations in order and re-favorite them and put them back in order

Bumping this thread to see if others are still noticing this. It still happens in my MS, every few days or so one or more Slacker favorites go missing. It's only Slacker favorites - I have a number of radio and Tune-In favorites but they're solid and never disappear.

in fact, on a few occasions now, 3 or 4 Slacker favorites disappeared from the list right before my eyes while I was looking at the list but not touching anything.

currently on v9 2018.50.6