Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Hardly Works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 S75D. The Slacker radio almost always takes 30 seconds or so to bring up anything. Then, when playing a song, it stops to buffer about every 20 seconds. I talked to Tesla and they are saying it's a server issue on the side of Slacker and they were working on it, which is not the answer I was hoping for. Also, most podcasts are impossible to load. Anyone else having these issues? Have any extra incite?

I have issues with Slacker on my cars for as long as its been available. Sometimes just as you described. Sometimes it just does not work at all. Even when connected to wifi in the garage, so its not a reception issue... at least not for me. Sometimes It helps to call Tesla and have them walk you through putting in the PW on the car side. This has helped me, however the issue returns a few days/ weeks later.

SC advised earlier today that Slacker/Tunein made a back-end change that is causing issues on many platforms including Tesla. Tesla is working on a software update but no timeline for that yet.

Several have speculated that it is correlated to the LTE throttling but then again many early adopters had no issues on slower 3G.

Hate to nit pick, but for $100K car, I would have hoped for more reliable system for radio/streaming. As for the comment by wayner about software engineer, don't get me started about how displeased I am with the enhanced AP I paid up for. It is flaky at best and unsafe at other times.